10 Christmas gift ideas for the true techie
Notebooks & PCs - Slideshows
From Internet-enabled appliances to wireless thermometers, we offer a tantalising list of cool kitchen toys.
Max Burnet has turned his home in the leafy suburbs of Sydney into arguably Australia’s largest private computer museum. Since retiring as director of Digital Equipment Corporation a decade ago, Burnet has converted his interest in the computing industry into an invaluable snapshot of computer history. Every available space from his basement to the top floor of his two-storey home is covered with relics from the past. His collection is vast, from a 1920s Julius Totalisator, the first UNIX PDP-7, a classic DEC PDP-8, the original IBM PC, Apple’s Lisa, MITS Altair 8800, numerous punch cards and over 6000 computer reference books. And more. He happily opened his doors for us to take a look.
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving the Core 2 Duo in its wake.
ASUS unleashes new laptops amid Calvin Klein's latest runway creations.
Alienware has launched its M17 notebook, and it’s a strange-looking creature…
This pioneering PC made instant geeks out of millions of people back in the '80s. But what lies within the Commodore 64's fetching brown shell?
Apple announced several refreshes of computers in its Macbook line-up yesterday with updated Macbook and Macbook Pros. The new editions of the 13in Macbook and the 15in Macbook Pro feature an entirely redesigned chassis complete with a new manufacturing process, as well as revamped specifications. The new line-up ranges from $1649 for the Macbook to $3999 for the 15in Macbook Pro with a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Will this finally kill the Eee PC?
IC grows up by growing smaller
After several years of speculation, Microsoft has finally launched a wireless version of its popular Sidewinder gaming mouse. Featuring 2.4GHz wireless connectivity and the company’s brand new BlueTrack tracking technology, this is one serious piece of gaming hardware.
Dell today unveiled its entry in the budget ultraportable notebook market, the Inspiron Mini 9.
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
Sony is in the process of rolling out its latest series of laptops for executives: the VAIO Z-series
Forget the tie, here's what Dad really wants!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- FTTest LeadQLD
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA