Companies that rely on unlicensed copies of Windows are more likely to experience system failures and lose customer data, Microsoft said yesterday, citing a company-sponsored report.
Notebooks & PCs - News
SanDisk this week announced the launch of the world’s largest capacity microSDHC and Memory Stick Micro (M2) cards -- the first cards of their kind to offer 16GB of storage.
A report by research firm IDC has indicated that the LCD (liquid crystal display) monitor is overtaking the CRT (cathode ray tube), when it comes to the PC monitor of choice in the Asia Pacific region excluding Japan (APEJ).
Intel's next-generation WiMax module, called Evans Peak, is on display at this week's Ceatec exhibition in Chiba, Japan. Due to hit the market as part of the Moorestown chip platform next year, Evans Peak will support more WiMax profiles than Intel's...
Toshiba showed off a prototype of its fast-charging SCiB battery designed for laptops on Tuesday, but said the technology is still a ways off from making its way into computers.
Panasonic last week unveiled a slew of new portable computers, focusing on small but rugged models.
When buying IT products and services, the best price can often be trumped by the best deal.
Microprocessor designer Transmeta is looking for a buyer. Executives announced plans to sell the company on Wednesday, saying investment bank Piper Jaffray & Co. will act as its financial advisor during the sale process.
The contract price of mainstream DRAM chips has plunged nearly 18 percent in two weeks to reach new record lows, an online clearinghouse for the chips reported Monday.
Intel officially started selling its dual-core Atom 300 processor on Monday, charging US$43 for the chip.
Samsung Electronics entered the netbook market on Friday, announcing a lightweight mini-laptop with a 10.2-inch screen called the NC10.
Acer, the world's third-largest PC vendor, will reach a US$20 billion revenue target and sales of 30 million computers this year despite financial troubles in the U.S., high energy prices and rising inflation, company executives said Friday.
In many ways, Apple is already a giant. Its US$118 billion market cap, which briefly surpassed Google's this year, is larger than that of Hewlett-Packard Co. Its sales, which are nearly $31 billion a year, have grown almost 40 percent annually the pa...
Several digital images that Microsoft has posted on its Web site to trumpet its new "I'm a PC" ad campaign were actually created on Macs, according to the files' originating-software stamp.
Hewlett-Packard will lay off about 24,600 employees over the next three years in an effort to streamline the company following its US$13.9 billion acquisition of Electronic Data Systems last month, the company announced Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT