SanDisk this week announced the launch of the world’s largest capacity microSDHC and Memory Stick Micro (M2) cards -- the first cards of their kind to offer 16GB of storage.
Notebooks & PCs
A report by research firm IDC has indicated that the LCD (liquid crystal display) monitor is overtaking the CRT (cathode ray tube), when it comes to the PC monitor of choice in the Asia Pacific region excluding Japan (APEJ).
Intel's next-generation WiMax module, called Evans Peak, is on display at this week's Ceatec exhibition in Chiba, Japan. Due to hit the market as part of the Moorestown chip platform next year, Evans Peak will support more WiMax profiles than Intel's...
Toshiba showed off a prototype of its fast-charging SCiB battery designed for laptops on Tuesday, but said the technology is still a ways off from making its way into computers.
Panasonic last week unveiled a slew of new portable computers, focusing on small but rugged models.
When buying IT products and services, the best price can often be trumped by the best deal.
Microprocessor designer Transmeta is looking for a buyer. Executives announced plans to sell the company on Wednesday, saying investment bank Piper Jaffray & Co. will act as its financial advisor during the sale process.
The contract price of mainstream DRAM chips has plunged nearly 18 percent in two weeks to reach new record lows, an online clearinghouse for the chips reported Monday.
Intel officially started selling its dual-core Atom 300 processor on Monday, charging US$43 for the chip.
Samsung Electronics entered the netbook market on Friday, announcing a lightweight mini-laptop with a 10.2-inch screen called the NC10.
Acer, the world's third-largest PC vendor, will reach a US$20 billion revenue target and sales of 30 million computers this year despite financial troubles in the U.S., high energy prices and rising inflation, company executives said Friday.
In many ways, Apple is already a giant. Its US$118 billion market cap, which briefly surpassed Google's this year, is larger than that of Hewlett-Packard Co. Its sales, which are nearly $31 billion a year, have grown almost 40 percent annually the pa...
Several digital images that Microsoft has posted on its Web site to trumpet its new "I'm a PC" ad campaign were actually created on Macs, according to the files' originating-software stamp.
Hewlett-Packard will lay off about 24,600 employees over the next three years in an effort to streamline the company following its US$13.9 billion acquisition of Electronic Data Systems last month, the company announced Monday.
A few DRAM makers cut production last week, hoping that reducing supply might spur a price recovery, but the action is too little, too late, analysts say.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC