Microsoft will distribute the second service pack for Windows Vista to a small group of beta testers on Wednesday, the company said Friday.
Notebooks & PCs
Researchers at McGill University in Montreal have discovered a new state of matter that they say could greatly extend Moore's Law.
Microsoft said via a company blog Wednesday that Service Pack 2 (SP2) of Office 2007 will ship between February and April of next year.
Intel this week gave a quick preview of its next generation laptop platform, which could shake up the chipmaker's mobile offerings.
An update to Microsoft's antipiracy software has set off a firestorm of protest in China, with one lawyer filing an official complaint with his government and users raging against the move on blogs, media reports said Wednesday.
Apple has no imminent plans to compete in the growing market for "netbooks," the small, inexpensive laptops that accounted for 5 percent of all US notebook sales last quarter, CEO Steve Jobs said Tuesday.
Microsoft may release Windows 7 as early as next November, bloggers speculated Wednesday, pointing to postings on the company's own Web site and comments made by the CEO of Asus, the company that makes the popular Eee PC line of netbooks.
Intel is gearing up to release the first versions of its Nehalem chip family next month, with the scheduled launch of its Core i7 desktop processors. But users will have to wait much longer to get their hands on the mobile version of the new chip.
Engineers at Panasonic have succeeded in reducing the size of a prototype methanol fuel cell so that its no larger than a laptop battery pack but provides all-day power.
Greenpeace Friday praised Apple for stepping up efforts to reduce toxic materials in its computers and consumer electronic devices.
A federal judge has granted Microsoft's request to keep secret details of its Windows antipiracy technology after the company claimed hackers could exploit the information if it were made public.
Apple accounted for nearly 10 percent of all US computer sales last quarter, but the lack of a model in the growing netbook category could mean trouble ahead, a research analyst said Wednesday.
Microsoft is considering giving its Windows client OS the capability to be turned on very rapidly by allowing users only limited access to the OS, a concept it's calling "Instant On," according to a survey Microsoft conducted.
Apple customers unhappy that the company dropped FireWire from its newest notebooks are venting their frustrations on the company's support forum in several hundred messages.
Microsoft is objecting to a plan that would force the company to use its Windows Update service to notify potential members in the "Windows Vista Capable" class-action lawsuit, according to documents filed in federal court Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW