Intel and the Taiwan government plan to open a development center to further the Linux-based Moblin OS for devices such as netbooks and mobile Internet devices (MIDs), they jointly announced on Thursday.
Notebooks & PCs
For most of Microsoft's history, it designed software the same way Detroit built cars during its mid-century heyday. Adding features was like building a bigger engine and longer tailfins. What could be finer? It may not be entirely coincidence that M...
Microsoft has given a preview of its forthcoming Office online product to delegates at its Professional Developer Conference.
Microsoft's plans to change a controversial security feature in Windows 7 are only cosmetic, nothing more than "lipstick on UAC," a developer of enterprise rights management tools said Wednesday.
Apple's anti-Vista response last week to its rival's "I'm a PC" marketing campaign blunted the impact of Microsoft's efforts, an Internet video metrics firm said Wednesday.
Hours before Microsoft executives trotted out Windows 7 at the company's developer conference, officials leaked some details about the impending alpha edition on Microsoft's own Web site.
Microsoft Tuesday said that it would expand testing of Windows 7 to the general public in early 2009.
Microsoft on Tuesday for the first time publicly demonstrated Windows 7, the next major release of its OS for PCs that Microsoft insists will reflect lessons learned from the widely panned Windows Vista.
Dell Tuesday unveiled a line of business-focused desktops, including machines designed to slash energy consumption and a thin client that uses Intel's new Atom chip.
Microsoft on Monday offered a software development kit for its tabletop computer to about 1,000 people at its Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles, opening the door to a variety of new applications for the table.
Canonical, which wants Linux to challenge Apple's Macintosh in usability on the desktop, is unveiling on Monday upgrades to its Ubuntu Linux distributions, offering 3G and virtualization improvements. Version 8.10 of Canonical's Desktop and Server Li...
Contrary to speculation, the bug Microsoft patched unexpectedly last week is not closely related to one the company fixed more than two years ago, a company security expert said Monday.
Canonical, the commercial backer of the Linux-based Ubuntu operating system, is not yet turning a profit, but founder Mark Shuttleworth said Monday during a teleconference that he is prepared to bankroll the company for three to five more years.
Microsoft will distribute the second service pack for Windows Vista to a small group of beta testers on Wednesday, the company said Friday.
Researchers at McGill University in Montreal have discovered a new state of matter that they say could greatly extend Moore's Law.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
- Lenovo slims down with Yoga 3 Pro convertible
- Should you buy an HP PC after the plan to split?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW