Toshiba Wednesday unveiled its first family of self-encrypting hard disk drives (HDDs) that can also erase data when connected to an unknown host.
The Business Centre
Microsoft on Wednesday announced 1,500 new developer tools coming in May for the next version of the Windows Phone operating system, code-named Mango, that's due in the fall.
Organisations could dramatically cut their exposure to vulnerabilities in Microsoft software simply by limiting Windows admin rights.
Some of the most commonly-used firewalls are subject to a hacker exploit that lets an attacker trick a firewall and get into an internal network as a trusted IP connection.
One of the big advantages of using Linux is that its security tends to be so much better than that of the competing alternatives.
Intel on Tuesday said that developer kits for Thunderbolt will be available this quarter, which could lead to the quick availability of a wider range of products based on the interconnect technology.
IBM has updated its Power systems lineup with higher-density blades and faster processors for its mid-range Power 750 server, looking to keep its momentum in Unix sales as the market inches back to life.
Graphics processors have always been popular in workstations, but are increasingly handling a larger computational load and bringing supercomputer-like capabilities to complex scientific and math applications, according to a Hewlett-Packard executive...
Lenovo on Tuesday announced a hosted applications service that can detect the hardware capabilities of an end user's laptop and tailor the service accordingly.
HTC stopped by the PCWorld offices last week to show off its latest Android smartphone, the HTC Sensation 4G. The phone was officially unveiled today at a launch event in the UK, but we got an exclusive hands-on look. Coming to T-Mobile this summer, ...
Google on Monday denied an allegation by rival Microsoft that it lied about an important government certification.
Toshiba announced on Tuesday its new range of slim, high-performance laptops geared towards business professionals, the Portege R830, Tecra R840, and Tecra 850. These Tecra and Portege laptops were reengineered from the ground up to be more portable ...
The Winklevoss twins will have to settle with $160 million from their dispute with Facebook, an appeals court has said. The twins' epic argument with Mark Zuckerberg over the ownership of Facebook -- dramatized in the Oscar-winning movie "The Social ...
Gartner released a report predicting the state of the tablet market for the next few years. Depending on your perspective, and whether you choose to be a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" type of person, the Apple iPad will either dominate the ...
Facebook is a wonder of our age. With more than half a billion users, the fact it serves detailed and personalized pages to every user--within a second or two of them asking for it--is mind-blowing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft and IBM in a deal to push Surface devices to enterprises
- iPhones are about to get plugged into enterprises with Cisco's help
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW