A Japanese company has taken a leaf from bank ATM security by launching a portable hard drive that comes with its own built-in PIN keypad.
The Business Centre - News
Exploit code affecting an unpatched flaw in an image uploader used by both Facebook and MySpace is circulating publicly, putting users of the social networking sites at risk, according to security researchers.
Breaking the speed barrier of traditional flash memory, Intel and Micron Thursday announced a new flash memory architecture that increases the data transfer rates in consumer electronics by cutting the bottlenecks affecting conventional NAND flash me...
Google has made its first official comments on Microsoft's proposed acquisition of Yahoo saying that the deal raises "troubling questions" and that the underlying principles of the Internet stand to be tested by the proposed deal.
Microsoft is an odds-on favorite to pass regulatory muster over its proposed acquisition of Yahoo, according to analysts.
While dealing logistically and technically with their overlapping online offerings will certainly prove troublesome if its bid to purchase Yahoo succeeds, Microsoft will at least have an immediate outlet for bringing more of its traditional desktop p...
Microsoft Friday rocked the industry with its offer to buy Yahoo. Clearly, the battle lines against Google are poised to be redrawn, and other areas of the Web that Microsoft is fighting for, including services it can combine with its on-premise sof...
A startup says it can give subway riders wireless Internet access that's faster than most home broadband in the US.
Romance is out and sex is in, according to security experts who said the Mega-Dik botnet has ousted the infamous Storm as the most prolific sender of spam.
Google on Wednesday launched an enhanced search service designed to streamline the mobile Web browsing experience to reap faster more targeted results, the company said.
Retail chain, JB Hi-Fi, is opening its first dedicated IT and computer store in Melbourne's CBD. The shopfront will be located close to its existing Elizabeth Streets premises.
Bugs in the ActiveX controls on popular social networking sites Facebook and MySpace can be used by hackers to snatch control of Windows PCs, security experts said Thursday.
Microsoft has added new security-related APIs to upcoming service packs for Windows Vista and XP to expand the use of the anti-exploit technology dubbed Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
Amazon.com has begun a new chapter in its battle for customers' ears: it has agreed to pay US$300 million for Audible, a seller of audio books that has a close relationship with Apple.
Just two days before it was to end support for Netscape Navigator, on Wednesday AOL gave the browser a last-minute reprieve, saying it would extend support until March 1.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
- Google News battles era of spin with fact check label
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCTrainer - AgileACT