Attacks on instant messaging systems continued to grow more sophisticated and dangerous in January, according to Akonix, a vendor of messaging security systems.
The Business Centre
Windows Vista users now have a way to cut down the operating system's famously large installation footprint with a free software tool.
Security researchers Tuesday said they'd discredited Microsoft's claim that the year's first critical Windows vulnerability would be "difficult and unlikely" to be exploited by attackers.
Another mobile Linux platform, this time from Azingo, hit the market on Wednesday, joining an increasingly crowded market of Linux phone software.
Name-brand Web sites such as Expedia.com and Rhapsody.com have been serving up malicious banner advertisements this week, researchers said Wednesday.
Mozilla bumped up the threat ranking for an unpatched Firefox bug to "high" Tuesday, but promised a fix is coming in Version 126.96.36.199, now slated for release on February 5.
Apple announced Wednesday that it has begun shipping the first MacBook Air laptops to customers, but acknowledged that a planned update to Apple TV has been delayed for up two weeks.
Google said it has fixed a problem that was causing Windows Mobile phone users to receive blank Gmail messages.
Microsoft's Windows Vista recorded about half as many vulnerabilities in its first full year of availability as Windows XP did in its opening 12 months, company security executives said Thursday.
Nokia has offered to buy Trolltech, the Norwegian developer of a widely used application framework, for 844 million Norwegian kroner ($US153 million) in cash. Nokia hopes the Trolltech development team will give its own software efforts a boost.
As servers and storage start to merge into unified, virtualised systems, Cisco wants to do the same thing with the networks that connect them.
SQL Server 2008 won't be sticking to its release schedule after all.
For the second time in two weeks, Microsoft has released a new build of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to its invitation-only group of approximately 15,000 testers, giving weight to recent speculation that the final code is close.
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
For the second time in three days, Microsoft added another product to the list of those vulnerable to a critical bug patched nearly three weeks ago.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft and IBM in a deal to push Surface devices to enterprises
- iPhones are about to get plugged into enterprises with Cisco's help
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC