VMware stock plunged this week by more than 30% after the EMC-controlled company posted disappointing earnings influenced by challenges from large vendors such as Microsoft and Citrix who are expanding into the field of Microsoft virtualization that ...
The Business Centre
Attacks on instant messaging systems continued to grow more sophisticated and dangerous in January, according to Akonix, a vendor of messaging security systems.
Windows Vista users now have a way to cut down the operating system's famously large installation footprint with a free software tool.
Security researchers Tuesday said they'd discredited Microsoft's claim that the year's first critical Windows vulnerability would be "difficult and unlikely" to be exploited by attackers.
Another mobile Linux platform, this time from Azingo, hit the market on Wednesday, joining an increasingly crowded market of Linux phone software.
Name-brand Web sites such as Expedia.com and Rhapsody.com have been serving up malicious banner advertisements this week, researchers said Wednesday.
Mozilla bumped up the threat ranking for an unpatched Firefox bug to "high" Tuesday, but promised a fix is coming in Version 18.104.22.168, now slated for release on February 5.
Apple announced Wednesday that it has begun shipping the first MacBook Air laptops to customers, but acknowledged that a planned update to Apple TV has been delayed for up two weeks.
Google said it has fixed a problem that was causing Windows Mobile phone users to receive blank Gmail messages.
Microsoft's Windows Vista recorded about half as many vulnerabilities in its first full year of availability as Windows XP did in its opening 12 months, company security executives said Thursday.
Nokia has offered to buy Trolltech, the Norwegian developer of a widely used application framework, for 844 million Norwegian kroner ($US153 million) in cash. Nokia hopes the Trolltech development team will give its own software efforts a boost.
As servers and storage start to merge into unified, virtualised systems, Cisco wants to do the same thing with the networks that connect them.
SQL Server 2008 won't be sticking to its release schedule after all.
For the second time in two weeks, Microsoft has released a new build of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) to its invitation-only group of approximately 15,000 testers, giving weight to recent speculation that the final code is close.
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Smartphone shipments dip as iPhone ‘fatigue’ sets in and China reaches saturation
- Facebook proposal will keep Mark Zuckerberg in control for many years to come
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW