A startup with US military backing will begin beta-testing a security appliance this month, which it argues could change the face of network security by automating and refining the generation of malware signatures.
The Business Centre
The internet's master address books are being updated to include records in IP version 6 (IPv6), a new format which forms part of a major overhaul of the net's core address system.
A forum set up to assist users of MYOB accounting software has been so heavily crippled by spam that users have now been forced to join other help forums, and its owner to offload the site to somebody who can better manage it.
NEC Computers has launched a kit that will allow IT administrators to quickly "downgrade" machines running Windows Vista Business to Windows XP Professional.
Microsoft Vista may seem overloaded to some, but the idea of stripping away the fat and leaving only the specific Vista components (including drivers and applications) you desire -- which is what free utility vLite enables -- may be misplaced.
Microsoft Monday wrapped up work on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 and said both the server and client software will be generally available within the next month.
Visa this week privately issued an updated list of payment applications that store all of the magnetic-stripe data taken from credit and debit cards, as part of its ongoing effort to get retailers and other merchants to stop using such software.
As Mozilla began the final push on Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 this week, it also announced that at least one more beta will be necessary before it starts building release candidates.
Fujitsu PC Asia Pacific introduces breakthrough 3.5G-enabled mobile companion - Lifebook U1010.
With last week's news that Motorola might sell off its mobile device unit, it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone killing Motorola?
A Google-hosted blog is running phony security content that's linked to malware, as well as using Google's automated notification service to try to entice subscribers to click on an infected link, says one security expert.
MacBook Air users might need to move their new ultra-thin laptops to keep bits moving to and fro, Apple said in a note on its support site, just one of several problems posted now that the new portable has started shipping.
Anonymity systems designed to allow users to carry out actions on the Internet without identifying themselves can often be cracked with a bit of unorthodox thinking, according to a Cambridge researcher.
Videoconferencing device maker Tandberg in New York announced Friday that its products will interoperate with the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, bringing users greater flexibility in setting up sessions.
During the 2007 holiday season, there was another small, white and cheap tech device that became a hard-to-find bestseller: the ultra-portable Eee PC notebook by ASUS. (It also comes in black and three other colors, but the white model appears to be ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
- Windows 10 phones gaining support for fingerprint readers
- Apple is approving apps for the iOS App Store much faster now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCMobile LI SMEVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW