Microsoft will deliver Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) to manufacturing in April 2009, two months after it issues a final test version to users, according to a Web site that accurately predicted several Windows ship dates in 2008.
The Business Centre - News
The latest versions allow users to "quickly create high-impact, dynamic presentations, while integrating workflow and ways to easily share information," notes Microsoft's PowerPoint overview webpage.
Max Burnet has turned his home in the leafy suburbs of Sydney into arguably Australia’s largest private computer museum. Since retiring as director of Digital Equipment Corporation a decade ago, Burnet has converted his interest in the computing indu...
Google may be preparing to lay off thousands of workers, if a Silicon Valley information service is to be believed. WebGuild cites anonymous inside sources as saying up to 10,000 Google jobs could be on the way out, with smaller scale layoffs already...
The technology sector is facing a recession, but it will be different to the dot com crash, according to Forrester founder George Colony.
Consumer electronics giants Apple, Dell, Motorola, Microsoft, Nintendo and Samsung have been slow to get serious about climate change, and are notably lagging behind, according to the latest edition of the Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics.
The leading film studios and Channel 7 have taken legal action against iiNet claiming the ISP is complicit in the infringement of their copyrighted material.
How much is spam costing your company? Google unveiled a nifty little calculator Wednesday to help you add it up.
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving t...
Vodafone today announced pricing plans for the upcoming BlackBerry Storm, ahead of its launch on 1 December. "Today we announce that we’re bringing the BlackBerry Storm to Australia with a sensational $0 offer with unlimited BlackBerry e-mail and Int...
3 Australia today announced that it will exclusively offer the INQ mobile phone in Australia.
Microsoft clarified this week that the upcoming Office Web -- a lightweight version of its Office suite that runs as an online service -- will be available to users running Mac OS X and Linux, as well as from Apple's iPhone.
Spam volumes plunged by more than 40% after a major bot hosting network was shut down, researchers at IronPort Systems Inc. said Wednesday.
Sony Ericsson's Xperia X1 will go on sale in the U.S. the day after Thanksgiving, but at US$800 the touch-screen phone may be a tough sell, particularly because it will most likely be used on AT&T's network, the exclusive distributor of the popul...
Search engine Google has launched Gmail voice and video chat, making it possible for people around the world to chat in high-quality video for free within Gmail.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
- Google News battles era of spin with fact check label
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD