Microsoft has given a preview of its forthcoming Office online product to delegates at its Professional Developer Conference.
The Business Centre
Apple's anti-Vista response last week to its rival's "I'm a PC" marketing campaign blunted the impact of Microsoft's efforts, an Internet video metrics firm said Wednesday.
After teasing the market multiple times, Microsoft plans to finally confirm that it's bringing its most money-making desktop software franchise online and to smart phones.
Hours before Microsoft executives trotted out Windows 7 at the company's developer conference, officials leaked some details about the impending alpha edition on Microsoft's own Web site.
Microsoft Tuesday said that it would expand testing of Windows 7 to the general public in early 2009.
Microsoft on Tuesday for the first time publicly demonstrated Windows 7, the next major release of its OS for PCs that Microsoft insists will reflect lessons learned from the widely panned Windows Vista.
Microsoft on Monday offered a software development kit for its tabletop computer to about 1,000 people at its Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles, opening the door to a variety of new applications for the table.
Canonical, the commercial backer of the Linux-based Ubuntu operating system, is not yet turning a profit, but founder Mark Shuttleworth said Monday during a teleconference that he is prepared to bankroll the company for three to five more years.
Making a major move in the SaaS space, Microsoft introduced its operating system for the cloud, Windows Azure, at the company's Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles on Monday morning.
A noted security researcher Monday warned users of T-Mobile's G1 smart phone that a critical vulnerability in Google's Android operating system could be used to hack their phones.
Russian regulators will not let Google buy a local online advertising company, halting a $140 million deal agreed to in July.
Microsoft fixed a critical bug in its Windows operating system Thursday, saying that it is being exploited by online criminals and that it could eventually be used in a widespread "worm" attack.
With 73 percent of Australian households online as of June 2008, Internet users are reducing their consumption of traditional media formats like television, radio, magazines and newspapers in favour of accessing entertainment and information services...
Research in Motion (RIM) yesterday launched its first flip handset in Australia, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8820.
Microsoft said Thursday it is not pursuing an acquisition of Yahoo, despite public comments by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Thursday suggesting a deal between the two companies might still be on the table.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung profit plummets on weak smartphone sales
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- iiNet hit with $204,000 ACCC fine
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW