Netbook shipments will see tremendous growth this year but won't be enough to boost overall worldwide PC shipments, which will sink due to the global economic downturn, according to surveys from IDC and Gartner released on Wednesday.
The Business Centre - News
Little more than a week after acknowledging a hormone deficiency, Apple CEO Steve Jobs on Wednesday said he is taking a medical leave of absence from his job because his condition is "more complex" than originally thought.
Optus has paid the second highest penalty to date for alleged breaches of Australia’s spam legislation.
Advanced Micro Devices said Wednesday that it will release dual-core Neo processors in the second half of this year.
Google launched on Wednesday a reseller program for the paid version of its Apps hosted collaboration and communication suite.
Lenovo launched its first nettop on Tuesday, reaching out to budget buyers with an inexpensive, fan-less desktop designed for surfing the Web and other basic computing tasks.
Sony is set to report an operating loss for the current fiscal year, only the second since it listed on the Tokyo stock market in 1958, according to a report in the Tuesday morning edition of The Nikkei business daily.
Nvidia this week lowered its fourth-quarter revenue forecast, citing weakness in demand for its products and inventory reductions by channel partners.
Rambus plans to appeal a decision by a Delaware judge who found that the company had destroyed documents related to patent lawsuits it has filed against other DRAM makers, ruling the patents unenforceable.
Microsoft's latest ad campaign will try to convince businesses that software can save them money even in a turbulent economy.
The first prototypes from Toshiba based on TransferJet, a short-range, high-speed wireless data transmission system intended as a replacement for cables, are on show at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to sell a laptop in its X-Slim series with a high powered Pentium chip to better compete against Apple's ultra-thin MacBook Air.
Micro-Star International (MSI) plans to start selling its U115 hybrid netbook in the U.S. for less than US$700 starting in February, company representatives said Sunday.
Taiwanese PC vendor Shuttle plans to debut a shoebox sized PC, the K5600+ with Via Technology's Nano microprocessor in March, a company representative said Sunday.
Many of us spend too much time watching the Windows boot screen, but that could change as companies introduce small laptops that boot in a few seconds.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
- Google News battles era of spin with fact check label
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesACT
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongACT
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD