Motorola Monday announced the smallest and lightest versions in its MC55 series of ruggedized enterprise digital assistants, offering two models and multiple configurations to help customers keep down their upfront costs.
After first announcing the service last year, Vodafone Australia is now accepting customers for its Vodafone Business One unified communications services aimed at small and medium businesses.
Under pressure from popular phones from Apple and Research In Motion, Microsoft hopes it has put in place changes that will help it meet that mobile competition faster, said CEO Steve Ballmer on Wednesday.
Acer wants to bring the wholesale cost of smartphones down so far that mobile network operators can afford to give them away. It aims to release two such phones by October, said Aymar de Lencquesaing, the head of Acer's Smart Handheld Business Group.
Mobile operators O2 and Orange may refuse to offer Nokia's N97 handset unless the phone manufacturer removes the preinstalled Skype software.
Amazon's release Wednesday of an e-book reader for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch is a "huge" move and a "win-win" for everyone concerned, analysts said.
The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Smartphone users around the world generally download about five software applications each, even iPhone users, according to market researcher InStat.
Research In Motion on Friday confirmed that NTT DoCoMo has halted sales of the BlackBerry Bold smartphone in Japan due to overheating, but said that the battery wasn't the source of the problem.
People who bought an unlocked version of the Android G1 phone are no longer allowed to download new paid applications from the Market, after a change Google made late last week.
We've had virtual storage, virtual machines and virtual data centres now VMware is looking to the next frontier: the virtual mobile phone.
A hacking contest slated for next month will award cash prizes of $10,000 to anyone who can break into the most popular smartphones, including Apple's iPhone and Research in Motion's BlackBerry.
For a cool US$200, Android G1 users can buy at least one app that iPhone users can't: the "I am Richer" application.
Suspicious phone conversations on Skype could be targeted for tapping as part of a pan-European crackdown on what law authorities believe is a massive technical loophole in current wiretapping laws, allowing criminals to communicate without fear of b...
The world's largest mobile phone vendor and the biggest cellular chip developer said Tuesday they plan to make 3G (third-generation) mobile devices together for the North American market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- Meet Arrow, a new Android launcher from Microsoft's Garage
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Most Android phones can be hacked with a simple MMS message or multimedia file
- Here's what the worst Windows 10 phones will have for tech specs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW