Nokia's iPhone-wannabe 5800 XpressMusic smartphone is <a href="http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Consumers-Seeking-Cheap-Smartphones-678251/?kc=rss">doing great</a>, analysts say. But Nokia as a whole is expected to report a steep drop in ...
Smartphones - News
Struggling Sony Ericsson plans to cut another 2,000 jobs after shipments and market share dipped during the first quarter.
Adoption of mid-range smartphones is set to buck the trend of falling revenue in the mobile market this year.
Famed Mac hacker Charlie Miller has found another possible security vulnerability in Apple's iPhone.
Nokia Thursday reported first-quarter sales down about 27 percent year-on-year, as sales of mobile phones dropped below 100 million units.
The Wall Street Journal has jumped on the mobile content bandwagon and released an application for the iPhone. The financial newspaper set the price point at free -- ironic, given that the Journal's online content comes at a price of US$103 per year,...
At the International CTIA Wireless show in Las Vegas earlier this month, Nokia had one of the biggest booths, but it was mostly hidden near the back of a major hall.<br/>
In a move designed to life uptake of its mobile broadband and 3G mobile services, Hutchison owned 3 Mobile has announced it has boosted 3G coverage and cut the rate of its roaming charges.
Version 1.5 of the Android platform will have new features sought by users and developers since the mobile operating system's first release, but none of the updated features appear to easily out-do top smartphones such as Apple Inc.'s iPhone.<br/>
Research in Motion (RIM) looks set to launch a new version of its BlackBerry Storm handset.
BlackBerry users around the United States were stranded for about three hours Monday when their Web-based e-mail service blacked out.
Dell is in talks with China Mobile to offer a smartphone based on the carrier's mobile operating system, a move that would take Dell into a huge but competitive market in China, an analyst said Monday.
While the answers a Windows Mobile executive provided to questions posted to a Facebook discussion provided very little information, the questions posed by 55 fans hint at what users want in the mobile platform.
Taiwan chip designer Elan Microelectronics said Wednesday it is suing Apple over the infringement of two U.S. patents.
Google has improved access to Gmail from Android devices and iPhones, pointing to a potential trend toward more Web and browser-based mobile applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW