Since the dawn of time -- or, at least, the dawn of personal computers -- the holy wars over desktop operating systems have raged, with each faction proclaiming the unrivaled superiority of its chosen OS and the vile loathsomeness of all others.
The Business Centre
Sometimes a technology idea is too good to be true.
There's a lot of buzz about Facebook, but what is it, exactly? What does it do? Can anybody join? How much does it cost?
Woz, Word and War Games
Ensure the Net doesn't ruin your life... or career
At 3.4 kilograms, the Apple IIc portable computer was the MacBook Air of 1984. Ever wonder what makes up a vintage classic? We took one apart to find out.
For some of us, it's that magical time of year. Better than the summer holidays, better than Father's or Mother's Day -- even better than your own birthday.
PCs now come in all shapes and forms, so here are a few unique form factors that add some unusual style to your setup.
You're going to want to swipe this MacBook Pro. And pinch it. And twirl it, too.
The free apps you can't live without.
With a USB keychain drive and a little forethought, you can carry a personalized computer everywhere and leave your laptop at home.
Why limit yourself to one operating system when you can have two (or three) on the same PC (or Mac)?
So there you are, signing the "Save XP" petition, shaking your fist in triumph as you stick it to "the man". It's a liberating feeling. You've found the courage to buck the trend and jump off the Wintel upgrade treadmill. You feel empowered, enlighte...
More than a year ago, I wrote a column called "Why the iPhone will change the (PC) world." In that piece I described how the user interface of future operating systems -- the next-generation Windows, OS X and Linux UIs -- will have iPhone-like elemen...
In front of me, two 30-inch Apple Cinema Displays glow softly at my desk. Beside me sits the fastest stock-configuration Macintosh that Apple has ever shipped: a superfast eight-core Mac Pro. Inside the Mac -- and on full display on those screens -- ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Smartphone shipments dip as iPhone ‘fatigue’ sets in and China reaches saturation
- Facebook proposal will keep Mark Zuckerberg in control for many years to come
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW