Lots of cool products and services came out in the past year, but many more have not yet debuted. Here are the biggest ones still on their way.
The Business Centre
US military doctors and medics say the expanding deployment of laptops and handheld computers in battle zones and military hospitals to capture electronic medical records is having a profound impact on patient care.
UK organization says agencies must combine PDF/A with a comprehensive records management program and formally established records policies
May we vent for a minute? Much as we love technology, sometimes we get fed up with the companies that provide it. Maybe it's the notice saying that important features of our perfectly good money-management software no longer work just because it's a ...
To use an Internet-connected computer is to be insecure and place your privacy in danger. Spyware, viruses, Trojans and assorted malware are everywhere on the Net, trying to hop onto your PC and cause damage. Snoopers want to get at your personal inf...
Once upon a time, using open-source servers and applications for business was frowned upon in many circles. Today, you'd be hard pressed to find any sizeable infrastructure that doesn't leverage open-source code in some form or another, be it a few M...
As long as I can remember, people have been asking me why small, ultra-portable notebooks are more expensive than their 14 and 15in counterparts. "But they're smaller and don't need as much material to build" is one of the arguments I'd hear. I'd cou...
The expression, "jack of all trades, master of none" is traditionally used as an insult. As more consumers look for a blend of usability and mobility, however, an all-purpose notebook is probably the best option for work and play. A good all-rounder ...
A couple of months ago, I downloaded a beta version of Firefox 3 just to look at the new ideas Mozilla was working on. My intention was to try it for a couple days, then switch back to Firefox 2. I wasn't worried about stability (it's a browser after...
The blog 'Winners of Life' has posted a number of interesting screenshots allegedly from the latest build of Windows 7, the successor to Windows Vista.
Even though it has had its own problems of late, Windows XP remains the most-used version of Windows. The newest data from Web metrics vendor Net Applications Inc., for example, pegs XP as driving 73% of the personal computers that went online last m...
The 10 worst security breaches of all time from unencrypted data.
Increasingly, the world is becoming wireless. At home, at work, and on the road, you'll often connect to Wi-Fi networks and hotspots for Internet access. But doing so isn't always simple. You can use some assistance in finding and connecting to hotsp...
Google Incorporated is arguably the most successful Internet company today. But Google didn't get to where it is without takings risks -- some of which have failed spectacularly.
Network security can be a thorny issue for small businesses because they generally lack pricey equipment and dedicated IT people who have the expertise to lock down a local area network. But addressing security is nevertheless essential: Just one cus...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- iPhones are about to get plugged into enterprises with Cisco's help
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA