Finding a single development environment for all purposes has so far proven an unattainable goal. But with the advent of rich Internet applications (RIA), development nirvana gets a bit closer.
The Business Centre
Have you been left in the cold by Google's Notebook service closure? Well, that's too bad, but there is hope - two information management services are inviting estranged Notebook users to become friends. Battling it out for your attention, I present ...
Twenty-five years ago, a writer named Andrew Fluegelman became the editor of a new magazine--this one. He was already something of a celebrity in the wider world of personal computing as the father of "freeware," a concept that he had popularized, st...
Social networks are fun to use, helpful for job hunting, and great for keeping in touch with friends, business contacts, and relatives. The downside: The bad guys know you're using these networks like crazy, and they're gunning for you.
Your PC's operating system is under constant threat of invasion, whether the attacker's aim is to spread malicious malware or to convince you to buy protective software that is really just a rip-off. Here's how to stand guard.
The just-released Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of Internet Explorer 8 is a fast, stable browser, tweaked for productivity and security, with few obvious changes over the previous Beta 2 release.
Timing is good for consumer electronics vendors that are interested in selling green technology.
Getting started with Linux can be an intimidating task, particularly for people who have never tried any operating system besides Windows. In truth, however, very little about Linux is actually difficult to use. It's simply a different OS, with its o...
Icons for trial software and Web services, colorfully known as "crapware," cover new Windows desktops like pockmarks on the face of a Hollywood villain.
The Mac has been the flagship product for Apple since it was introduced in 1984 and continues to be so today, despite the fawning over the iPhone platform. From the time the Apple IIGS died out in the early '90s until the introduction of the iPod in ...
The largest single type of security breach is the stolen or lost laptop, according to the Open Security Foundation, yet these computers are among the least protected of all IT assets. The costs of a data breach can be huge, including the loss of trad...
Apple may be loosening restrictions that have so far blocked Web browsers save its own Safari from the iPhone, according to a number of Web news sites. But at least some of the newly approved applications appear to be Safari plug-ins, rather than tru...
First, a disclaimer, just in case you weren't sure: I'm not Steve Jobs's doctor. And I believe that all of us who aren't responsible for his medical well-being are in no position to have an informed opinion about it--and that to deal in rumor on the ...
Either your customers already use social networking tools or you have an untapped, online audience.
Here's a hands-on look at the new Web browsers available today for the iPhone and the iPod touch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 2 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
- 5 LG 55-inch curved OLED (55EC930T) TV review: The future of OLED is bright
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- iiNet hit with $204,000 ACCC fine
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW