For nearly a year, Apple's App Store for the iPhone has stood out as the sole example of a smartphone platform that's more than a fancy way to take phone calls and look at headlines. It showed the promise of mobile devices as real computing platforms...
The Business Centre - Features
LG yesterday launched its 2009 flagship multimedia mobile phone in Australia, the LG Arena.
On the list of reasons why I admire Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry operating system (OS), the sheer number of built-in, valuable keyboard shortcuts ranks near the top. These tricks help you navigate your devices and data, as well as the Web, a...
Security should be the first consideration for any IT department about to implement voice over IP on a local-area network, an executive with an equipment manufacturer says.
ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate d...
Although a collective sigh may be raised at comparing yet another touch-screen smartphone with Apple's Apple's iPhone 3G, Palm's Pre has been generating plenty of buzz since it was unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show earlier this year.
You think your business has it rough? The people of Battlestar Galactica have lived through a recession you wouldn't believe. With dwindling resources, a skeleton crew, enemies constantly lurking out of view, and a pervasive threat of annihilation, A...
The DL380 G5 is one of the workhorses of today's server room. According to HP it's one of the world's best selling servers available in a variety of configurations.
We take a look at the Emirates Airbus A380's high-tech luxuries and Linux-based Panasonic Aviation eX2 in-flight entertainment system.
The 10.2in Kogan Agora Netbook Pro will be available for $539, and runs the gOS Linux distribution.
Introducing the Acer F900 touch-screen smartphone
Microsoft's Word has always been an impressively powerful piece of software, with dozens, if not hundreds, of features most people never knew existed. The new "Ribbon" interface in Word 2007 attempts to make some of those features easier to find and ...
HDMI is an increasingly common connection on monitors. On some monitors it has even replaced DVI. The benefits of having a HDMI port are obvious. It is the clear connection of choice over DVI and D-Sub on newer notebooks due to its size.
Stylish, speedy and sexy -- it's everything a concept car is meant to be
Artist Rob Pettit creates mobile phone art to highlight the proliferation and waste of mobile phones
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Now you can control your smart devices from your Pixel, no Google Home required
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- TPSAP Data Migration LeadQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD