Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services, in particular remote & rural TV broadcasting.
Last Thursday morning, the National Broadband Network was officially launched in Tasmania by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and Tasmanian Premier David Bartlett.
With Christmas fast approaching, it can be hard to find the perfect gift. We’re here to help!
Ericsson Australia has established a regional TV centre in Melbourne to advance the development and adoption of next-generation TV in the emerging era of high-speed broadband communications.
Discussion forums are magnets for some of the jerkiest people on the 'Interwebs'. We profile a dozen of the most common and annoying forum jerks--from 'The Antagonist' to 'The Conspiracy Theorist'.
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
Telstra has devoted over three years and some 900 engineers to designing a national fibre network, and Acaltel has chipped-in 1000 of its own engineers who have devoted an estimated 1.5 million hours on the project. Telstra offered a glimpse of some of the technology behind its $10B bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN)
From Internet-enabled appliances to wireless thermometers, we offer a tantalising list of cool kitchen toys.
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
In around about a month from now, Linksys will unleash its latest broadband router - the WRT160N - which specifically targets users who are after a more wireless networking range.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT