As the iPad third-generation is launched, we look at the iPad as a cultural phenomenon
Tablets & eBook readers - Slideshows
These tablets have extra security features that will keep your work safe and your IT pros happy.
We'll give you a good look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, the Nokia 808 PureView, Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD and other standout products from the Mobile World Congress 2012.
RIM recently released a major software update for its BlackBerry PlayBook that enables it to run Android applications. Android-on-the-PlayBook pickings are somewhat slim right now, but there are some quality apps out there if you know where to look, starting with these 10 great free downloads.
Apple's iPhone and iPad may have been built for consumers, but the folks in Cupertino correctly guessed that what's good for consumers is good for businesses. The only stumbling block may be the growing volume of apps available: more 140,000 natively for the iPad and over 500,000 that work on the iPhone and iPad. Here are 25 go-to iOS apps for business users, from travel planning to document editing using Microsoft Office tools to time tracking to getting a good night's sleep.
These enhancements include exotic skins, clever devices for transferring files, great ways to game with your phone or tablet, and more.
Not everybody can afford to gift an iPad 2 as a Christmas present, but that doesn't mean you should forget the tablet fun! Here are 10 cool iPad accessories that shouldn't blow your budget.
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too", but Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Australia.
The HP TouchPad is HP's answer to Apple's ever conquering iPad 2.
Fujitsu's Stylistic Q550 is not a tablet designed for consumers. In fact, Fujitsu doesn't even want you to call it a tablet (a label it reserves for its tablet-convertible range of notebooks); it's a slate device. It has a 10in dual-digitiser screen, runs the 32-bit version of Windows 7 Professional and is powered by an Intel Atom Z670 CPU.
The Apple iPad 2 improves on the original iPad with more processing and graphics power, and some nifty features like a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer. The best way to show off these new features is by playing a bunch of fun games — we've put together a list of the top 10 titles to show off your iPad 2. Make anyone with an original iPad jealous, and convince your tablet-less friends to pick one up!
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
Apple's new iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor, and is powered by an Apple-designed dual-core processor.
Are you considering the iPad 2 as your first iPad? An iPad, unplugged, is a welcome contrast to the communications-driven iPhone. Take our tour of cool apps that take advantage of the iPad's leisurely user experience.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)NSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW