Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
Tablets & eBook readers - Slideshows
Apple has launched host of new devices for the year ahead, including the iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro and iOS 9.
Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference.
Perhaps a “Surface Pro 4” will debut at the same time or soon after Windows 10 launches. Here’s what we’d like to see in the Surface Pro 4.
If you’re curious to know exactly what’s going on with your Android device, FinalWire’s AIDA64 is a nifty app you’ll want to grab. It delves into the finer details of your system to let you know everything from the specific model of your phone, to exactly how much RAM it has and how fast each CPU core is running. Browse through the following slides to see exactly what this free app can show.
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
Sony's latest tablet has the competition against the ropes. It is faster, lighter, tougher and prettier than most. But that doesn't make it perfect.
HP's bright red Pavilion X360 (or 11-n008TU if you want to get specific), is an entry-level hybrid laptop that can be used easily as a tablet. The hinge is designed in such a way so that you can simply tilt it all the way back, then over the rear of the laptop.
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
Smartphones, tablets, wearables on display at the show in Barcelona.
Samsung proudly showcased its next generation of products in Bali at the Samsung Forum 2014. On display was a curved television that had UHD resolution, a new mirrorless camera, the line up of powerful Pro tablets and much, much more.
We've just got our hands on the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G, a tablet Vodafone has called the "fastest" in Australia. It supports the LTE Category 4 mobile data standard, the newest and fastest class of 4G. Let's take a look!
Foxtel Play has just launched in Australia. It's an online streaming video version of Foxtel, giving you access to a grand total of 47 live TV and movie channels and a large library of catch-up TV.
Google’s update to last year’s well-received Nexus 7 a step forward, though asking price slightly higher.
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is a low-cost, 7.9in Android tablet with a very competitive price tag. It could prove to be a good alternative to the iPad mini if you're on a budget. Let's take a look!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperQLD
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDemand/ Resource AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)NSW
- CCManager AnalyticsNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC