The ongoing launch period of Windows 8 has brought about a renaissance in small form factor computing. Over the last few months, we’ve seen Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets in a variety of innovative designs, most notably the keyboard-dockable-tablet...
Tablets & eBook readers
It may not run a fast Core i5-based processor, but the ASUS VivoTab 810 and its Intel Atom CPU is a great choice for anyone who wants a lightweight Windows 8-based tablet with long battery life. It's an 11.6in model that can be used for basic Web bro...
Kensington's KeyFolio Expert for iPad provides reasonable protection and features a stand that can prop up your iPad at various angles. However, small keys hinder the overall typing experience.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T (XE700T1C-A02AU) is a Windows 8-based tablet that ships with a keyboard dock. It can be used either as a stand-alone tablet, or as a notebook if you need to do lots of typing.
The 10.1in Xperia Tablet Z has a 1920x1200 display and is just 6.9mm thick, making it thinner than the Apple iPad mini.
The Kobo Arc is an Android tablet with a 7-inch, 1280x800pixel IPS LCD screen, coming from e-book and e-reader e-retailer Kobo. It’s a huge upgrade from the mediocre Vox tablet, with much more up-to-date hardware, software, and a well-implemented mul...
The Samsung-manufactured Nexus 10 is a thin and lightweight device with an exceptional screen and a competitive price. It's only let down by a lack of expandable memory and the fact there's not enough third-party apps optimised for the larger screen ...
The unimaginatively-titled Telstra 4G Tablet is a 4G Android tablet that claims to be Australia's cheapest. It's a solid product that provides reasonable value for money and is only really let down by a less than average display and awful quality cam...
While the idea of the detachable keyboard dock remains innovative, the ASUS Vivo Tab RT has build quality issues, a cramped physical keyboard and the Windows RT platform is limited and often frustrating.
Microsoft has created a wonderful tablet in the Surface RT. It feels well made, it's light, it's highly usable and it contains things that many tablet users have considered to be essential elements for a great overall user experience, such as a built...
Apple's new 4th Generation iPad is an iterative upgrade that should only interest those who don't already own a 3rd Generation model.
The iPad mini's exceptional iOS app catalogue, outstanding build quality and super light weight are only let down by an expensive price tag and a screen that can't match Apple's stellar retina displays.
Kobo’s Glo is the company’s first e-reader with integrated ComfortLight front-lighting, letting you use the screen in the dark without a bulky external LED lamp. It’s a very refined and exceedingly simple device, coming as close to a seamless book-bu...
Google has unveiled its first 10in Nexus tablet, simply called the Nexus 10. Manufactured by Samsung, the key feature of the Nexus 10 is an impressive PLS screen with a resolution of 2560x1600.
The creatively-titled Telstra 4G Tablet is exactly that, a 4G Android tablet that claims to be Australia's cheapest 4G tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- Android device updates: HTC One M8 and M9 finally score Marshmallow for US models
- Report: Apple to hold March 2016 event to launch Watch 2, iPhone 6c and iPad Pro
- Pixel C team promises split-screen multitasking, better tablet apps during Reddit AMA
- iPad Pro problems: Apple acknowledges mysterious shutdowns, but no fix yet
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC