Whilst the ASUS Transformer line began with Android-powered convertibles, the latest Transformer Book T100 sports Microsoft’s Windows 8.1. We had a brief hands-on with the T100 at its launch event in Sydney, late October.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
ASUS has come up with a hybrid Ultraportable computer that it touts as being a 3-in-1 device, rather than a standard 2-in-1. Allow us to explain what this means.
Less than a year after the launch of its first Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets, Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its tablet family, including the Windows 8.1 RT-based Surface 2.
Apple has unveiled the fifth generation model of it's full sized iPad and it gets a new name. The Apple iPad Air is thinner and lighter than the previous model, is powered by a 64-bit A7 processor and has an upgraded 5-megapixel camera that records 1...
Apple has unveiled its second generation iPad mini tablet, now called the iPad mini with Retina display. The device retains a similar look and feel to its predecessor, but the big upgrade is obviously a long requested retina display.
Windows tablets haven't been as widely well received or adopted as their iOS and Android competitors, but Toshiba's latest attempt could be about to change that. The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8....
Microsoft announced the availability of the Surface Pro 2 overnight, with pricing that’s sure to entice those of you who are after a Windows 8.1 slate. The new model will be available to buy from 22 October either from the Microsoft Store, or from Ha...
Microsoft has announced the second generation of its Surface RT tablet, simply called the Surface 2. It now boasts a full HD screen, features updated internals, and has a new two-stage kickstand aimed to make it easier to use on your lap.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition boasts an upgraded, high resolution screen, and features a new design borrowed directly from the Galaxy Note 3.
The Kobo Aura distills all of the Canadian book-seller’s previous e-reader experience, and the end result is a device that’s refined, simple, and designed to make reading fun.
The new Google Nexus 7 (2013) Android tablet improves on its predecessor thanks to a fantastic display, a thinner and lighter design, and excellent performance. This is the best Android tablet on the market. Full stop.
While it offers impressive data speeds on Vodafone's 4G network, the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G is otherwise hampered by a poor quality, low resolution display and questionable performance.
If an almost palm-sized Windows 8 tablet is something that you’ve been pining for, then Acer’s Iconia W3-810 has been designed just for you. Now we’re not sure why you would want a full-blown Windows 8 tablet that’s so small, particularly because the...
Competitively priced Android devices are becoming more and more prevalent in the crowded tablet market, but most of these have small screen sizes. ASUS is aiming to change this with the MeMo Pad FHD 10, a 10in Android tablet with a full HD screen.
Logitech's Keyboard Folio mini combines an attractive, folio case with a physical keyboard that aims to speed up typing. The case offers good protection without adding significant bulk to the iPad mini, but the keyboard itself is just too small to co...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW