Apple has unveiled the fifth generation model of it's full sized iPad and it gets a new name. The Apple iPad Air is thinner and lighter than the previous model, is powered by a 64-bit A7 processor and has an upgraded 5-megapixel camera that records 1...
Tablets & eBook readers
Apple has unveiled its second generation iPad mini tablet, now called the iPad mini with Retina display. The device retains a similar look and feel to its predecessor, but the big upgrade is obviously a long requested retina display.
Windows tablets haven't been as widely well received or adopted as their iOS and Android competitors, but Toshiba's latest attempt could be about to change that. The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8....
Microsoft announced the availability of the Surface Pro 2 overnight, with pricing that’s sure to entice those of you who are after a Windows 8.1 slate. The new model will be available to buy from 22 October either from the Microsoft Store, or from Ha...
Microsoft has announced the second generation of its Surface RT tablet, simply called the Surface 2. It now boasts a full HD screen, features updated internals, and has a new two-stage kickstand aimed to make it easier to use on your lap.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition boasts an upgraded, high resolution screen, and features a new design borrowed directly from the Galaxy Note 3.
The Kobo Aura distills all of the Canadian book-seller’s previous e-reader experience, and the end result is a device that’s refined, simple, and designed to make reading fun.
The new Google Nexus 7 (2013) Android tablet improves on its predecessor thanks to a fantastic display, a thinner and lighter design, and excellent performance. This is the best Android tablet on the market. Full stop.
While it offers impressive data speeds on Vodafone's 4G network, the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G is otherwise hampered by a poor quality, low resolution display and questionable performance.
If an almost palm-sized Windows 8 tablet is something that you’ve been pining for, then Acer’s Iconia W3-810 has been designed just for you. Now we’re not sure why you would want a full-blown Windows 8 tablet that’s so small, particularly because the...
Competitively priced Android devices are becoming more and more prevalent in the crowded tablet market, but most of these have small screen sizes. ASUS is aiming to change this with the MeMo Pad FHD 10, a 10in Android tablet with a full HD screen.
Logitech's Keyboard Folio mini combines an attractive, folio case with a physical keyboard that aims to speed up typing. The case offers good protection without adding significant bulk to the iPad mini, but the keyboard itself is just too small to co...
The original Nexus 7 was merely a bargain, a good-enough tablet at a great price. The new Nexus 7 is a downright steal. It's the best 7in tablet, period. If you're in the market for an Android tablet, this is the one to get.
Lenovo's ThinkPad Tablet 2 is one of the thinnest and lightest Windows 8 devices on the market. It's a 10.1in tablet that weighs just 558g and it runs an Intel Atom Z2760 CPU. But what's it good for?
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
- Lenovo's Tab3 10 for Business brings out the serious side of Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/J2EE) 160511/AP/522Asia
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT