Whilst the ASUS Transformer line began with Android-powered convertibles, the latest Transformer Book T100 sports Microsoft’s Windows 8.1. We had a brief hands-on with the T100 at its launch event in Sydney, late October.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
ASUS has come up with a hybrid Ultraportable computer that it touts as being a 3-in-1 device, rather than a standard 2-in-1. Allow us to explain what this means.
Less than a year after the launch of its first Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets, Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its tablet family, including the Windows 8.1 RT-based Surface 2.
Apple has unveiled the fifth generation model of it's full sized iPad and it gets a new name. The Apple iPad Air is thinner and lighter than the previous model, is powered by a 64-bit A7 processor and has an upgraded 5-megapixel camera that records 1...
Apple has unveiled its second generation iPad mini tablet, now called the iPad mini with Retina display. The device retains a similar look and feel to its predecessor, but the big upgrade is obviously a long requested retina display.
Windows tablets haven't been as widely well received or adopted as their iOS and Android competitors, but Toshiba's latest attempt could be about to change that. The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8....
Microsoft announced the availability of the Surface Pro 2 overnight, with pricing that’s sure to entice those of you who are after a Windows 8.1 slate. The new model will be available to buy from 22 October either from the Microsoft Store, or from Ha...
Microsoft has announced the second generation of its Surface RT tablet, simply called the Surface 2. It now boasts a full HD screen, features updated internals, and has a new two-stage kickstand aimed to make it easier to use on your lap.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition boasts an upgraded, high resolution screen, and features a new design borrowed directly from the Galaxy Note 3.
The Kobo Aura distills all of the Canadian book-seller’s previous e-reader experience, and the end result is a device that’s refined, simple, and designed to make reading fun.
The new Google Nexus 7 (2013) Android tablet improves on its predecessor thanks to a fantastic display, a thinner and lighter design, and excellent performance. This is the best Android tablet on the market. Full stop.
While it offers impressive data speeds on Vodafone's 4G network, the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G is otherwise hampered by a poor quality, low resolution display and questionable performance.
If an almost palm-sized Windows 8 tablet is something that you’ve been pining for, then Acer’s Iconia W3-810 has been designed just for you. Now we’re not sure why you would want a full-blown Windows 8 tablet that’s so small, particularly because the...
Competitively priced Android devices are becoming more and more prevalent in the crowded tablet market, but most of these have small screen sizes. ASUS is aiming to change this with the MeMo Pad FHD 10, a 10in Android tablet with a full HD screen.
Logitech's Keyboard Folio mini combines an attractive, folio case with a physical keyboard that aims to speed up typing. The case offers good protection without adding significant bulk to the iPad mini, but the keyboard itself is just too small to co...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD
- FTFinance AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Data Business AnalystNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager (Business Applications)NSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication ArchitectQLD
- CCBenefits/Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- TPLead TesterNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC