As far as confusing products go, the ASUS Transformer Book Trio gets high marks. It's an 11.6in device with multiple identities that tries to cover off tablet, notebook, and even desktop PC or media centre needs. We know that ASUS loves to innovate, ...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Samsung's new Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is a colourful, well designed tablet. It's a little expensive and is best utilised with an additional cost accessory, but its kids user mode is a concept that hits the mark and will surely appeal to many parents.
This iPad Air cover works as a desktop keyboard, stand, and magnetic screen protector. It's a great option for iPad users that like to keep their device as 'unskinned' as possible, or want a rapidly-removable keyboard for occasional use.
Although the Keyboard Folio's thin design means minimal key travel, the discrete keys provide a clear tactile 'click' on activation. That makes it easy to type rapidly, once you get your head around the keyboard layout.
This keyboard folio has a single sheet of some kind of synthetic fabric as a keyboard surface, finished to a faux-leather texture between the keys and a smooth, plasticy finish on the keys themselves.
This case's tough nylon shell provides protection and water resistance, and the built-in stand delivers good angles for video-playback and some types of games.
The LG G Pad 8.3 offers decent battery life, an excellent display, and reasonable performance for a competitive asking price, though LG's software can be overwhelming and confusing if you're a first time user.
While it's not perfect, the Apple iPad mini with Retina display's high resolution display and excellent performance make it a hugely enticing option for any tablet buyer.
The Split 13 x2 combines a fairly lightweight 13-inch tablet with a keyboard, battery and storage dock. It’s a strong concept, though aspects of HP’s execution aren’t as solid as they could be.
The HP SlateBook x2 has a well designed keyboard dock and decent performance, but it comes with too many significant flaws to recommend, including a lacklustre display, a proprietary charger with an unnecessary, oversized power brick, and poor batter...
Take the best parts of a tablet and a laptop, join them together, and you’ll probably end up with something similar to the 10.6in Microsoft Surface Pro 2. It has all the features most of us Windows users want under the hood and in the hardware’s desi...
While LG globally launched the 3D-capable Optimus Pad back in 2011 (with little fanfare), the G Pad 8.3 marks the first time the company has released an Android tablet in Australia.
Apple's full-sized iPad may have a brand new name, but the company's fifth iteration is all about refinement. The iPad Air is thinner, lighter and smaller than the previous model, but still manages to retain the same 9.7in screen and ten hour battery...
The ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 is a solid tablet overall, and removable storage and a micro-HDMI port give it some nice benefits over more expensive competitors. However, its performance in some graphically intense games is poor.
The Windows RT tablet space is heating up as Nokia prepares to enter the fray with its Lumia 2520 tablet. Well, "heating up" and "entering the fray" may be gross overreactions, but Nokia is now the sixth brand (including Microsoft) to attempt a Windo...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD