Although the Keyboard Folio's thin design means minimal key travel, the discrete keys provide a clear tactile 'click' on activation. That makes it easy to type rapidly, once you get your head around the keyboard layout.
Tablets & eBook readers
This keyboard folio has a single sheet of some kind of synthetic fabric as a keyboard surface, finished to a faux-leather texture between the keys and a smooth, plasticy finish on the keys themselves.
This case's tough nylon shell provides protection and water resistance, and the built-in stand delivers good angles for video-playback and some types of games.
The LG G Pad 8.3 offers decent battery life, an excellent display, and reasonable performance for a competitive asking price, though LG's software can be overwhelming and confusing if you're a first time user.
While it's not perfect, the Apple iPad mini with Retina display's high resolution display and excellent performance make it a hugely enticing option for any tablet buyer.
The Split 13 x2 combines a fairly lightweight 13-inch tablet with a keyboard, battery and storage dock. It’s a strong concept, though aspects of HP’s execution aren’t as solid as they could be.
The HP SlateBook x2 has a well designed keyboard dock and decent performance, but it comes with too many significant flaws to recommend, including a lacklustre display, a proprietary charger with an unnecessary, oversized power brick, and poor batter...
Take the best parts of a tablet and a laptop, join them together, and you’ll probably end up with something similar to the 10.6in Microsoft Surface Pro 2. It has all the features most of us Windows users want under the hood and in the hardware’s desi...
While LG globally launched the 3D-capable Optimus Pad back in 2011 (with little fanfare), the G Pad 8.3 marks the first time the company has released an Android tablet in Australia.
Apple's full-sized iPad may have a brand new name, but the company's fifth iteration is all about refinement. The iPad Air is thinner, lighter and smaller than the previous model, but still manages to retain the same 9.7in screen and ten hour battery...
The ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 is a solid tablet overall, and removable storage and a micro-HDMI port give it some nice benefits over more expensive competitors. However, its performance in some graphically intense games is poor.
The Windows RT tablet space is heating up as Nokia prepares to enter the fray with its Lumia 2520 tablet. Well, "heating up" and "entering the fray" may be gross overreactions, but Nokia is now the sixth brand (including Microsoft) to attempt a Windo...
Whilst the ASUS Transformer line began with Android-powered convertibles, the latest Transformer Book T100 sports Microsoft’s Windows 8.1. We had a brief hands-on with the T100 at its launch event in Sydney, late October.
ASUS has come up with a hybrid Ultraportable computer that it touts as being a 3-in-1 device, rather than a standard 2-in-1. Allow us to explain what this means.
Less than a year after the launch of its first Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets, Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its tablet family, including the Windows 8.1 RT-based Surface 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW