HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a ...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Samsung's flagship tablet leads the market with a stunning display and adds an innovative finger scanner to the everyday slate. Almost everything about the Tab S is perfect. Almost.
Toshiba’s Satellite L30W is designed for those of you who have a need for a big tablet. It’s a 13.3in tablet at its core, but it ships in the shape of a notebook, which means it’s another of those 2-in-1 devices that allows you to pick one form facto...
Xiaomi has made a name for itself in the global market by delivering premium products without the discriminatory price tag. Now the Chinese company is entering the tablet market with the MiPad, a 7.9in tablet with a high resolution screen, powerful G...
Asus has just released an introductory version of its Transformer hybrid, the Transformer Pad (TF103C). The Intel powered Android tablet comes with a functional keyboard, but is it worth buying a hybrid when you can get the real deal?
50,000 in less than four minutes: that’s how quickly Xiaomi's first tablet, the MiPad, ran out of stock. It is now being shipped in limited numbers and Good Gear Guide has gone hands-on ahead of our detailed review.
The Galaxy Tab S is everything we’ve wanted from a Galaxy tablet realised. Superfluous features have been ditched in favour of a greater focus on improving the basics. Samsung’s heritage is in the television market and it takes but a moment to realis...
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has...
Asus' introductory tablet looks great and has a solid set of features. A $229 price makes it accessible to the masses, but we do worry the Intel-powered tablet might not be for everyone.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft is gunning for the notebook market. The new device is thinner, lighter, and better balanced than the Surface Pro 2, and it has a focus on providing a better typing experience when an optional keyboard cover is attach...
Serial innovator, Asus, is at it again in Computex. The company unveiled its Asus Transformer Book V product, which is a 12.5in laptop that is actually much more than a laptop.
Lenovo’s latest tablet for corporate users makes use of the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) platform and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1. It’s a tablet with a 10in form factor and it has a 10-point, multi-touch display that uses...
Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia has gone through just as Nokia’s first tablet, the Lumia 2520, made its way to Telstra’s shelves. The 10.1-inch tablet will be one of the last products released by the Nokia we know and love. And although it comes wit...
Samsung has super-sized its latest Galaxy NotePro tablet to 12.2-inches. The new size aligns almost perfectly with that of a paper, and it goes oh-so-well with the company's S-Pen stylus. The question remains: is it worth paying more than $1000 for t...
Sony has spent the last three years honing the design and function of its Xperia range. The spec sheet of the company’s latest tablet, the Xperia Z2 Tablet, reveals it is thinner, lighter and more powerful than its rivals. But what sacrifices has Son...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTWorkbrain Functional ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Cisco Network EngineerWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorSA
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC