The LG Optimus Pad Android tablet is the world's first tablet with a built-in 3D camera, enabling users to capture 3D images and videos that can then be viewed on a high-definition 3D TV.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
HTC has announced the launch of its first Android tablet, the Android-powered HTC Flyer.
HP has become the latest technology vendor to launch a tablet device that is set to compete with Apple's iPad, unveiling the HP TouchPad tablet in the US.
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to release an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad and Samsung's Galaxy Tab. Described by the company as "a smartphone, computer, game centre and e-book all combined in one," the Vi...
The FIFA series is by far the biggest-selling sports game franchise around the world.
Dell's Streak 7 tablet runs on Google's Android 2.2, and is powered by Nvidia's Tegra 2 dual-core processor. The tablet will be upgradeable to Google's Android 3.0 OS, code-named Honeycomb, soon after its launch, said Michael Tatelman, vice president...
After hearing so much about RIM's PlayBook it was good to get the opportunity to take this one for a spin, and while I certainly see what the fuss is about the device still faces hurdles ahead.
Motorola has unveiled its highly anticipated tablet: the Xoom. The Motorola Xoom is equipped with a 10.1in touchscreen and runs the latest version of Google's Android software: 3.0 or 'Honeycomb'.
The Kobo Wireless eReader aspires to compete with the big kids in the e-reader arena. This iteration represents a marked improvement over its predecessor, offering higher contrast, a sharper E Ink display, and better performance. Unfortunately, the W...
Following the success of Apple's iPad, tablet devices are now launching thick and fast. The latest cab off the rank is Optus' low priced MyTab, a direct competitor to Telstra's T-Touch Tab.
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to announce an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad. The ViewSonic ViewPad 7 boasts a 7in capacitive touchscreen, and runs the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Android.
Amazon has finally arrived at an e-reader product that not only slays its current competition, but also feels ready to meet the mainstream masses. With the Amazon Kindle (third-generation), Amazon addresses many of the transgressions of earlier Kindl...
In the early, heady days of e-readers, the term "e-reader" was synonymous with an electronic paper-based device. The Barnes & Noble NookColor explodes that narrow definition: The first LCD-based e-reader optimised around reading, the NookColor delive...
After playing pretty much alone in the tablet space for almost a year, the Apple iPad finally has a realistic challenger in the Samsung Galaxy Tab. This 7in Android tablet is a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone lik...
Retailing for just $299, Telstra's T-Touch Tab is one of the first Android tablets to launch in Australia. Its 7in resistive display isn't as impressive as the capacitive touchscreens used by the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Its performance...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTSocial Media Officer- SEO, mobile, analytics and reporting toolNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA