Dell's Streak 7 tablet runs on Google's Android 2.2, and is powered by Nvidia's Tegra 2 dual-core processor. The tablet will be upgradeable to Google's Android 3.0 OS, code-named Honeycomb, soon after its launch, said Michael Tatelman, vice president...
Tablets & eBook readers
After hearing so much about RIM's PlayBook it was good to get the opportunity to take this one for a spin, and while I certainly see what the fuss is about the device still faces hurdles ahead.
Motorola has unveiled its highly anticipated tablet: the Xoom. The Motorola Xoom is equipped with a 10.1in touchscreen and runs the latest version of Google's Android software: 3.0 or 'Honeycomb'.
The Kobo Wireless eReader aspires to compete with the big kids in the e-reader arena. This iteration represents a marked improvement over its predecessor, offering higher contrast, a sharper E Ink display, and better performance. Unfortunately, the W...
Following the success of Apple's iPad, tablet devices are now launching thick and fast. The latest cab off the rank is Optus' low priced MyTab, a direct competitor to Telstra's T-Touch Tab.
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to announce an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad. The ViewSonic ViewPad 7 boasts a 7in capacitive touchscreen, and runs the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Android.
Amazon has finally arrived at an e-reader product that not only slays its current competition, but also feels ready to meet the mainstream masses. With the Amazon Kindle (third-generation), Amazon addresses many of the transgressions of earlier Kindl...
In the early, heady days of e-readers, the term "e-reader" was synonymous with an electronic paper-based device. The Barnes & Noble NookColor explodes that narrow definition: The first LCD-based e-reader optimised around reading, the NookColor delive...
After playing pretty much alone in the tablet space for almost a year, the Apple iPad finally has a realistic challenger in the Samsung Galaxy Tab. This 7in Android tablet is a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone lik...
Retailing for just $299, Telstra's T-Touch Tab is one of the first Android tablets to launch in Australia. Its 7in resistive display isn't as impressive as the capacitive touchscreens used by the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Its performance...
As its name suggests, the Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650) eBook reader comes with a touchscreen in the form of a six-inch, 16-level greyscale e-ink display (a cheaper 5in version is also available). The Sony Reader’s touchscreen can be manipulate...
The Kogan eBook Reader marks Kogan Technology's first foray into the popular eBook market. Boasting a high-clarity 6in e-ink screen, an SD memory card reader, an inbuilt MP3 player and extensive file format support, it is perfectly capable of competi...
Dell's 5in, Android-powered Streak tablet may look like a huge smartphone, and you can make phone calls on it, but its form factor means it sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen handset like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
It didn't take long to realise that this Kindle was unlike any other I'd handled before--including the new Kindle DX (Graphite). Maybe 20 seconds, tops. Never mind the obvious giveaways--smaller size, less wasted real estate around the edges, new but...
On a platform filled with ways to consume media, Flipboard's iPad app fills the niche of making Twitter and Facebook status updates seem more important than they are.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Panasonic debuts two new Toughpad tablets—that run Windows 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW