ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to release an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad and Samsung's Galaxy Tab. Described by the company as "a smartphone, computer, game centre and e-book all combined in one," the Vi...
Tablets & eBook readers
The FIFA series is by far the biggest-selling sports game franchise around the world.
Dell's Streak 7 tablet runs on Google's Android 2.2, and is powered by Nvidia's Tegra 2 dual-core processor. The tablet will be upgradeable to Google's Android 3.0 OS, code-named Honeycomb, soon after its launch, said Michael Tatelman, vice president...
After hearing so much about RIM's PlayBook it was good to get the opportunity to take this one for a spin, and while I certainly see what the fuss is about the device still faces hurdles ahead.
Motorola has unveiled its highly anticipated tablet: the Xoom. The Motorola Xoom is equipped with a 10.1in touchscreen and runs the latest version of Google's Android software: 3.0 or 'Honeycomb'.
The Kobo Wireless eReader aspires to compete with the big kids in the e-reader arena. This iteration represents a marked improvement over its predecessor, offering higher contrast, a sharper E Ink display, and better performance. Unfortunately, the W...
Following the success of Apple's iPad, tablet devices are now launching thick and fast. The latest cab off the rank is Optus' low priced MyTab, a direct competitor to Telstra's T-Touch Tab.
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to announce an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad. The ViewSonic ViewPad 7 boasts a 7in capacitive touchscreen, and runs the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Android.
Amazon has finally arrived at an e-reader product that not only slays its current competition, but also feels ready to meet the mainstream masses. With the Amazon Kindle (third-generation), Amazon addresses many of the transgressions of earlier Kindl...
In the early, heady days of e-readers, the term "e-reader" was synonymous with an electronic paper-based device. The Barnes & Noble NookColor explodes that narrow definition: The first LCD-based e-reader optimised around reading, the NookColor delive...
After playing pretty much alone in the tablet space for almost a year, the Apple iPad finally has a realistic challenger in the Samsung Galaxy Tab. This 7in Android tablet is a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone lik...
Retailing for just $299, Telstra's T-Touch Tab is one of the first Android tablets to launch in Australia. Its 7in resistive display isn't as impressive as the capacitive touchscreens used by the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Its performance...
As its name suggests, the Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650) eBook reader comes with a touchscreen in the form of a six-inch, 16-level greyscale e-ink display (a cheaper 5in version is also available). The Sony Reader’s touchscreen can be manipulate...
The Kogan eBook Reader marks Kogan Technology's first foray into the popular eBook market. Boasting a high-clarity 6in e-ink screen, an SD memory card reader, an inbuilt MP3 player and extensive file format support, it is perfectly capable of competi...
Dell's 5in, Android-powered Streak tablet may look like a huge smartphone, and you can make phone calls on it, but its form factor means it sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen handset like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW