All eyes are on the Amazon Kindle Fire to provide fresh competition for Apple's iPad 2, today's dominant tablet. Not so fast: Beneath the Kindle Fire's slick veneer and unparalleled shopping integration lies a tablet that fails to impress as either a...
Tablets & eBook readers
The Amazon Kindle revolutionised the electronic book-reading market, and spawned a wide range of upstart competitors. Alongside the Nook and the Kobo, Sony’s Reader is one of the most distinguished Kindle alternatives, and the Wi-Fi Touch is the late...
ASUS has announced the successor to its Eee Pad Transformer and its called the Eee Pad Transformer Prime.
We've long berated Android tablets for being "me too" devices. Aside from a few small differences, most of these tablets have the same sized screen with the same resolution, run virtually identical software, and have a very similar feature set and us...
Amazon has refined the Kindle several times since its Australian debut, and each time the e-reader du jour has become increasingly attractive to potential buyers. This iteration of the popular e-book reader -- by our count it’s the fourth generation ...
Apple has adopted a one-size fits all approach with its iPad 2, but there seems to be a demand for smaller, compact tablets. Acer has responded with the Iconia A100, a smaller and lighter version its 10.1in Iconia A500 Android tablet.
Toshiba is expanding its Android tablet fleet following its announcement of the Toshiba 7" Tablet (AT1S0) -- a smaller, 7in version of the 10.1in Tablet (AT100).
Rumours were flying around for months about Amazon launching a tablet and the US giant has finally delivered. The Kindle Fire is a 7in tablet running a customised version of Android and is Amazon's attempt at shaking up the Apple-dominated tablet mar...
It seems Samsung is intent on producing a tablet device with every screen size imaginable. Not content with 10.1in, 8.9in and 7in screen sizes — along with the 5.3in, part smartphone, part tablet Galaxy Note — the company has now announce...
Lenovo's ThinkPad Tablet is the first Android tablet aimed squarely at the corporate environment. Though it still provides all the consumer features Android tablets are well regarded for, the ThinkPad Tablet's included digitiser pen, optional keyboar...
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we did some probing and were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Austra...
The Kogan eBook reader has an excellent 6in e-Ink display with a useful capacitive touchscreen. Combined with its diverse file format support, the touchscreen makes the Kogan eBook reader powerful and easy to use. However, it's not quick to operate d...
Laser's EBOOK-EB7C-4G is more of a multimedia device than a dedicated ebook reader. It has a 7in LCD display that can be used to watch videos and listen to music in addition to being used as an ebook reader. All this functionality is great and it mak...
The HP TouchPad is HP's answer to Apple's ever-conquering iPad 2. It's the first tablet to run the company's webOS operating system -- software HP acquired from Palm when it bought the struggling company for US$1.2 billion in 2010.
With most Android 'Honeycomb' tablets hitting the market offering very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software, it's refreshing to see a new tablet that at least attempts to offer something new.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 2 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 3 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review: Return to Glory
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) review: Simply, the best Samsung Galaxy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Rising Windows tablet sales challenge mighty Apple
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
- For Microsoft, hardware and OS consistency key in Surface 3
- ARM fades from Windows PCs and tablets, but grows in Chromebooks
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW