The Motorola Xoom 2 may be thinner, lighter and faster than the original Xoom, but this tablet is unfortunately let down by outdated Android software and does little to justify its expensive price tag.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Rockstar Games didn’t necessarily invent the sandbox genre, but the developer most certainly redefined it with the controversial and innovative Grand Theft Auto. To mark the 10th anniversary of its release, Rockstar unleashed Grand Theft Auto 3 on th...
Motorola's Xoom 2 Android tablet is thinner, lighter and faster than the original Xoom. But does it offer enough upgrades over its predecessor to justify its expensive price tag?
Samsung has seen fit to update its first Android tablet (the original Galaxy Tab) with a new model, the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Acer is attempting to use price as its major drawcard for its latest Android tablet, the Iconia Tab A200.
Android tablets are flying thick and fast as the platform continues to evolve, but most of them look similar. Sony has attempted to distinguish itself with the S2: a clamshell Android tablet with dual-screens.
The strangely named Toshiba Tablet AT1S0 is a smaller version of the company's 10.1in Tablet (AT100). It unfortunately removes most of the features that distinguished that model from other Android tablets on the market.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 has a fantastic design that is both superbly constructed and super thin, but it is unfortunately let down by outdated Android software that dampens the overall user experience.
The combination of improved software and a gorgeous design make the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime the current king of Android tablets.
Another day, another Android tablet. This time it's Acer's Iconia Tab A200, a 10.1in Android tablet that the company describes as "very affordable".
Here at PC World, we think most Android tablets have one thing in common: they're all overpriced. So when a tablet lands on our desk that retails for under $500 and has 3G connectivity, 32GB of internal memory and a microSD card slot, we will sit up ...
We've long berated Android tablets for being "me too" devices, so when a tablet like Sony's Tablet S lands on our desk we can't help but get excited.
All eyes are on the Amazon Kindle Fire to provide fresh competition for Apple's iPad 2, today's dominant tablet. Not so fast: Beneath the Kindle Fire's slick veneer and unparalleled shopping integration lies a tablet that fails to impress as either a...
The Amazon Kindle revolutionised the electronic book-reading market, and spawned a wide range of upstart competitors. Alongside the Nook and the Kobo, Sony’s Reader is one of the most distinguished Kindle alternatives, and the Wi-Fi Touch is the late...
ASUS has announced the successor to its Eee Pad Transformer and its called the Eee Pad Transformer Prime.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTDelivery LeadACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT