This versatile and robust iPad Pro keyboard case has a few shortcomings, but it does the job.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
This isn't a bad tablet for the price, but the Verizon contract discount isn't a good deal.
The E45W features a fully reversible touchscreen display and plenty of horsepower for everyday tasks at a bargain price.
Huawei’s challenge to Microsoft, Samsung and Apple in the premium tablet market, the MateBook, is an impressive little unit at first glance but will it be able to take on the established players and gain market share?
Google's new Pixel C sets a new bar for high-end Android tablets -- but as a convertible with an attached keyboard, it's a bit of a mixed bag.
The iPad Pro is Apple’s response to the growing demand for notebooks that double as tablets. It is an iPad supersized to 12.9-inches and it benefits from the support of a ‘Smart Keyboard’ and the Apple ‘Pencil’ stylus.
With the arrival this week of the iPad Pro, Apple launches a salvo in the hybrid, 2-in-1 wars. It's clearly a great tablet, but will it replace a laptop?
Contradictory claims have been made about the iPad Mini 4. This tablet is thinner and lighter than the model that precedes it, and yet it is faster and more powerful. Tweaks to the display make it better at viewing content, and although the battery ...
Samsung has a stronghold over the smartphone space, but its grip on the tablet market isn’t as tight. That market belongs to Apple, and making a tablet as good as the iPad is not enough for customers to be lured across to Samsung the Tab S2 has to be...
For many avid readers, Amazon's Kindle store is the apex of the e-book world, offering a library of books that is not only incredibly large, but also quite well priced for the most part. Chances are, if there is an e-book you want to buy, the Kindle ...
More than a year has gone by since Sony updated its 10.1-inch tablet. Changes to its successor include a higher resolution 2K screen, a thinner profile, fewer flaps, better cameras, updated computing hardware and even tougher IP credentials.
There’s a lot to be said for a device that makes you want to keep reading anywhere and anytime, and Kobo’s Glo HD e-book reader is such a device. It contains a 6-inch screen that makes use of Carta E Ink screen technology, and it’s as easy on the eye...
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by...
Amazon’s Kindle Voyage is thinner and more advanced than Kindle e-book readers before it, which we should be happy about. But is there a point when an e-book reader becomes a little too advanced for its own good?
Microsoft told us that its goal for the Surface 3 tablet is to “get the Surface into more folks’ hands”. It reckons it can do this by offering a more affordable product that’s still similar in form and function to the Surface Pro 3. How has it achiev...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW