Smart cases for tablets always seem to sound much better than they are - especially when a keyboard in involved. The increased bulk and the requirement to keep them charged can be a pain.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
This versatile and robust iPad Pro keyboard case has a few shortcomings, but it does the job.
This isn't a bad tablet for the price, but the Verizon contract discount isn't a good deal.
The E45W features a fully reversible touchscreen display and plenty of horsepower for everyday tasks at a bargain price.
Huawei’s challenge to Microsoft, Samsung and Apple in the premium tablet market, the MateBook, is an impressive little unit at first glance but will it be able to take on the established players and gain market share?
Google's new Pixel C sets a new bar for high-end Android tablets -- but as a convertible with an attached keyboard, it's a bit of a mixed bag.
The iPad Pro is Apple’s response to the growing demand for notebooks that double as tablets. It is an iPad supersized to 12.9-inches and it benefits from the support of a ‘Smart Keyboard’ and the Apple ‘Pencil’ stylus.
With the arrival this week of the iPad Pro, Apple launches a salvo in the hybrid, 2-in-1 wars. It's clearly a great tablet, but will it replace a laptop?
Contradictory claims have been made about the iPad Mini 4. This tablet is thinner and lighter than the model that precedes it, and yet it is faster and more powerful. Tweaks to the display make it better at viewing content, and although the battery ...
Samsung has a stronghold over the smartphone space, but its grip on the tablet market isn’t as tight. That market belongs to Apple, and making a tablet as good as the iPad is not enough for customers to be lured across to Samsung the Tab S2 has to be...
For many avid readers, Amazon's Kindle store is the apex of the e-book world, offering a library of books that is not only incredibly large, but also quite well priced for the most part. Chances are, if there is an e-book you want to buy, the Kindle ...
More than a year has gone by since Sony updated its 10.1-inch tablet. Changes to its successor include a higher resolution 2K screen, a thinner profile, fewer flaps, better cameras, updated computing hardware and even tougher IP credentials.
There’s a lot to be said for a device that makes you want to keep reading anywhere and anytime, and Kobo’s Glo HD e-book reader is such a device. It contains a 6-inch screen that makes use of Carta E Ink screen technology, and it’s as easy on the eye...
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by...
Amazon’s Kindle Voyage is thinner and more advanced than Kindle e-book readers before it, which we should be happy about. But is there a point when an e-book reader becomes a little too advanced for its own good?
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project MangerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FT.Net Developer - Mid-levelNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- FTDeployment Manager | ContractVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC