Pricing for the new HP TouchPad hasn't been announced, but it looks like Research In Motion's 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook will cost $500. That rumor comes after Twitter user Ben Shipley posted a screenshot that shows what appears to be an internal Offic...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
HP's TouchPad looks pretty similar to Apple's iPad on the outside but the inside is a different story.
Yahoo has announced a "digital newstand" called Livestand for tablet devices and cell phones that has been designed to deliver content from the company's various sites and online publications.
Qualcomm on Thursday announced its latest Snapdragon tablet processor, which includes multimedia features that could raise the standards of entertainment capabilities provided by tablets.
European publishers have added their voice to the chorus of criticism surrounding Apple's plans for iPad newspaper subscriptions.
In case you missed it, HP overnight launched three new devices based on Palm's webOS platform; a TouchPad tablet, a Pre 3 smartphone and a compact Veer smartphone. Sadly, none of these slick looking products are ever likely to make it down under.
The tablet landscape just got a bit more crowded: Hewlett-Packard's WebOS event here in San Francisco launched both the new HP Veer and the HP Pre 3 and the company's first consumer tablet. Due out this summer, the HP TouchPad appears set to stand ou...
Hewlett-Packard rolled out its debut entrant into the red-hot tablet market, the HP Touchpad, as well as two new smartphones -- all running the latest version of the webOS acquired last year when it bought Palm.
The iPad 2 rumours are flying thick and fast at the moment, and the latest is that Apple's new version of its tablet computer is already in production.
Dell will launch a 10-inch Windows-based tablet for business users later this year and plans to sell 10-inch Android-based tablets too, the company said Tuesday.
The Motorola Xoom, the much anticipated Google Android 3.0-based tablet unveiled during CES last month, will sport a price tag of about $800 and be available on Feb. 24.
Motorola's highly anticipated Xoom Android tablet finally has a launch date and pricing details (at least in the US), with the much hyped tablet hitting the shelves on 24 February for US$799.
News Corp's iPad-exclusive newspaper, The Daily, is now available in the Australian iTunes App Store after launching last week in the US.
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab have so far waited pretty patiently for Google to upgrade the tablet from Froyo version of Android to Gingerbread. But it would seem one developer got a little too impatient waiting for the update, so got to work addi...
News Corp's iPad-only newspaper, The Daily, launched this week with much fanfare. The digital newspaper is Rupert Murdoch's attempt to prove that the world is still willing to pay for journalism; The Daily costs US$0.99c per week or $39.99 per year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8SA
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW