Google has just launched the Nexus 5 smartphone and might have shown off a Nexus 8 tablet on it's Android 4.4 KitKat site.
Tablets & eBook readers
Today’s the day that Apple’s iPad Air went on sale in Australia, but it’s also the day that Google’s Nexus 5 stock allocation in Australia partially sold out. It didn’t take long at all, but at least no one had to line up for it.
Optus has finally announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air tablet, with the telco offering the new tablet on both 12 and 24 month contracts.
Lenovo today announced two new tablets running on Android 4.2. The new Yoga tablets are available in 10in and 8in sizes, and they are not typical of other tablets on the Australian market.
Vodafone has announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display tablets, but will only sell selected models.
Telstra has announced its pricing plans for Apple's new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina Display tablets.
The iPad Air was unveiled last week to an adoring public, and tech reporters quickly posted their thoughts in a swathe of early reviews. The overall response was positive; in our review of reviews, we present the pick of the praise lavished on the iP...
Here’s a round-up of some of the products, news and events that we covered this week, as well as some of the best stuff that was produced by the other titles in our publishing stable.
Microsoft has erected a gigantic Surface in London's Trafalgar Square, with a roughly 383-inch display. Visitors can walk up to the oversized Surface and stomp on the attached jumbo keyboard to interact with apps.
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
With Apple widely expected to be launching a new iPad mini, it's worth revisiting what makes the mini such a compelling product.
Apple has begun decorating the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco with colourful banners ahead of its 22 October event, which we expect will give us our first look at the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2.
Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
Windows 8.1 is finally here and with it comes Microsoft's hopes of a second act for its flagship operating system.
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Multitasking in iOS 9 makes the iPad a true post-PC device
- Microsoft Surface Hub goes on sale in September
- Asus doubles down on tablets with ZenPad series
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year
- Lenovo's new Windows 10 tablet to arrive in August
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW