Good Gear Guide is running its 2014 Mobile Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your smartphone and tablet habits and media consumption.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Optus has partnered with Google to integrate a direct carrier billing model within the Google Play store.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will finally sell its first tablet in Australia. The company's Lumia 2520 is a 10.1in tablet that runs Windows RT 8.1.
Sony's latest tablet has the competition against the ropes. It is faster, lighter, tougher and prettier than most. But that doesn't make it perfect.
Aldi will sell the Medion LifeTab from April 26. The 7.85in tablet has an IPS screen with 1024x768 resolution. It runs the current version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android 4.4 KitKat.
The wait for Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet is almost over as the Android tablet will go on sale from April 29. Pricing for the Xperia Z2 Tablet will mirror Apple’s iPad Air with the introductory 16GB Wi-Fi only variant introducing the range at $599.
HP's bright red Pavilion X360 (or 11-n008TU if you want to get specific), is an entry-level hybrid laptop that can be used easily as a tablet. The hinge is designed in such a way so that you can simply tilt it all the way back, then over the rear of ...
Microsoft officially announced Microsoft Office for iPad on Thursday, pushing Microsoft's office suite onto the most popular tablet in the market.
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
Sony’s Xperia Tablet Z2 will be made available in three different models when it comes to Australia, all of which will be priced on par with Apple’s iPad Air.
Vodafone has turned on its 4G (LTE) network in parts of Tasmania.
Samsung originally unveiled its NotePro range of tablets at the 2014 CES show in Las Vegas. The larger 12.2in NotePro stood out for its A4-sized form factor. Now the 32GB Wi-Fi and 4G variants of the device will go on sale priced at $1099 and $1249 r...
Sales of media tablets in Australia doubled in 2013 to reach 4.8 million units, according to a study released by Telsyte.
The new A1-830 tablet ticks all of the right boxes for people interested in a functional tablet sporting the sub 8-inch form factor. The tablet sports a 7.9-in, 1024x768 resolution screen at a 4:3 screen ratio; a ratio deal for web browsing and readi...
Presto makes Foxtel’s movie library available for $20 per month without having to commit to a contract. The service will have access to roughly one thousand movies from several notable Hollywood studios, in addition to granting subscribers access to ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - BI and ReportingQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD