Optus has updated its micro SIM 3G data plans for the iPad, as Apple's latest iPad 2 launches in Australia this afternoon.
Tablets & eBook readers
Research In Motion announced on Thursday that users of its PlayBook tablet will be able to run Android and Java applications.
BlackBerry PlayBook users won't initially be able to get their BlackBerry e-mail directly on the tablet, but will have to tether a BlackBerry phone wirelessly to it, a Research In Motion executive said this week.
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 will launch this Friday in Australia, with prices starting at $579 for the entry level 16GB Wi-Fi version. We've rounded up everything you need to know about Apple's latest tablet.
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 is launching tomorrow in Australia, but if you're not interested in dual-cameras, and a slightly revamped design, why not pick up an original iPad on the cheap?
AVG has launched AVG Mobilation for Android which the company is promoting as the world's first security app specifically designed for Android tablets.
An iPad app that may soon play a pivotal role connecting soldiers on the street with airplanes hovering high above will be shown for the first time next month at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas.
Some iPad 2 users who expected a flawless product are instead finding a handful of problems with their shiny new tablets. The latest is a freezing issue with Facetime that can only be fixed by rebooting the iPad 2.
ORLANDO -- Samsung Tuesday expanded its Galaxy Tab tablet line-up with a new device that has an 8.9-inch screen.
ORLANDO -- The PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion, priced from $499, will go on sale April 19 at Best Buy stores, RIM and Best Buy announced Tuesday at the CTIA conference here.
The LG Electronics G-Slate tablet will be available from T-Mobile for "as low as" US$529 with a two-year contract, <a href="http://mobile-broadband.t-mobile.com/android-tablet/g-slate">the carrier said Tuesday</a>.
Opera Software has released updated versions of its Mini and Mobile smartphone browsers, and adapted the browsers' interface for tablets, the Norwegian company said on Tuesday.
Samsung today announced that its latest tablet device, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v, will be available exclusively through Vodafone in Australia from "mid-April" for $729 -- but for a "limited time only."
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
Apple has confirmed its hotly anticipated iPad 2 will launch this Friday in Australia, with prices starting at $579 for the entry level 16GB Wi-Fi version.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Panasonic debuts two new Toughpad tablets—that run Windows 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW