I must have terrible taste in gadgets, because Apple executives keep slamming ideas that I like.
Tablets & eBook readers
Apple's new iPad model which went on sale last month, providing at least a couple weeks of sales before the quarter drew to a close, is likely to feature in Apple's Financial Results conference call later today.
A company that developed touch-screen technology for video displays in the 1990s has sued Apple, claiming that the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPad nano, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air infringe on its patents.
Corporate finance fans have a lot to look forward to on Wednesday (morning AEST), as Apple plans to unleash its financial results for the company’s second fiscal quarter of 2012.
Your tablet is a homebody. And you love it more than any other tech gizmo in the house.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0's low price coupled with its numerous features give it a clear advantage over leading value tablet competitors.
Following accusations that Apple has misled its Australian customers about the new iPad's 4G capabilities, the company has filed a defense with Australia's Federal Court arguing that the country's networks are mislabelled.
The iPad's touchscreen keyboard is easy enough to type on but for those looking to input lots of text, a real physical keyboard can't be beaten. Logitech's new Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad looks like being one of the best of those.
Samsung's original 7-inch Galaxy Tab from late 2010 was an awkward animal, fusing the Android 2.2 "Froyo" smartphone operating system onto a tablet too big for the phone-sized UI and too small for Web browsing and other computer-type work. The Galaxy...
Samsung Electronics alleged in a counterclaim to an Apple patent infringement lawsuit in a federal court in California that the maker of the iPhone and iPad has infringed eight of its patents.
Although Apple's new iPad has gotten the lion's share of publicity since its arrival last month, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime is getting its own bit of tablet buzz.
From tablet-based texting to social media management, these Android tablet apps are at the top of their class when it comes to communication.
The third-generation iPad sports a eye-catching display. These App Store downloads use that improved screen to full effect.
Rumours that Apple has been developing a smaller iPad - which many have been referring to as the iPad mini - for almost as long as the iPad has been around.
Apple will launch a new, smaller, cheaper iPad in the third quarter of 2012, according to new reports from China.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
- Lenovo's ideapad Miix 310 is a "Surface lite" that's much more affordable
- Lenovo's Tab3 10 for Business brings out the serious side of Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC