There was plenty of excitement earlier this year over the news that a fully open tablet was in the works, and late last week some new revelations were made about the device that are sure to step up the anticipation even more.
Tablets & eBook readers
When Apple's third-generation iPad (Macworld rated 4.5 out of 5 mice) was released in March, the company kept the iPad 2 (Macworld rated 4.5 out of 5 mice) as a more affordable option. It turns out, however, that the iPad 2 sold prior to March 16 and...
When Apple CEO Tim Cook dissed the whole idea of hybrid mobile computers, he may have been showing his hand.
Apple chief executive Tim Cook would rather settle lawsuits than fight them in court, but he isn't about to let the world take a free ride on his company's smarts.
A new book reveals a fresh insight into Steve Jobs' mind, and how his obsession with simplicity drove Apple to success.
The iPad isn't just big business--it's also becoming the technological equivalent of a gateway drug into the wider universe of Apple products, helping the company extend its customer base to new audiences.
As your iPad gets more and more business use, be sure to have these apps to get the most office productivity possible
I must have terrible taste in gadgets, because Apple executives keep slamming ideas that I like.
Apple's new iPad model which went on sale last month, providing at least a couple weeks of sales before the quarter drew to a close, is likely to feature in Apple's Financial Results conference call later today.
A company that developed touch-screen technology for video displays in the 1990s has sued Apple, claiming that the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPad nano, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air infringe on its patents.
Corporate finance fans have a lot to look forward to on Wednesday (morning AEST), as Apple plans to unleash its financial results for the company’s second fiscal quarter of 2012.
Your tablet is a homebody. And you love it more than any other tech gizmo in the house.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0's low price coupled with its numerous features give it a clear advantage over leading value tablet competitors.
Following accusations that Apple has misled its Australian customers about the new iPad's 4G capabilities, the company has filed a defense with Australia's Federal Court arguing that the country's networks are mislabelled.
The iPad's touchscreen keyboard is easy enough to type on but for those looking to input lots of text, a real physical keyboard can't be beaten. Logitech's new Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad looks like being one of the best of those.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Panasonic debuts two new Toughpad tablets—that run Windows 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT