Apple has announced it will drop advertising claims in the UK that its new iPad has "4G capability", following pressure from the Advertising Standards Authority.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
iOS 6, internally codenamed 'Sundance', could bring Siri to the iPad at last.
Apple has stopped calling the new iPad "4G-capable" after regulators cracked down on its US-only capability to connect to high-speed LTE networks. Although it is still listed as being "4G LTE capable," the new iPad is now called "Wi-Fi + Cellular" in...
Rumors of Kindle upgrades are a dime a dozen, and many aren't from the most reputable of sources. But one new report sounds quite likely: Amazon will launch a front-lit version of its Kindle eReader in July, and a new model of its Kindle Fire color t...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is now shipping, and we've been running it through our gauntlet of tests to see how it compares with its predecessor.
ASUS has announced the launch of the Transformer Pad TF300T Android tablet in Australia, a slightly cheaper version of its flagship Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet.
In case of emergency, tap these handy tools for network and server admins
Apple will launch its new iPad in 30 additional countries this weekend, including Brazil, Chile, Egypt and Jamaica.
Before tablets, MS Paint, computers, or heck, even paper (ok, that last part is a flat-out lie), the only cool way to draw a picture was with an Etch-a-Sketch. Now, the minds behind the Etcher Kickstarter program want to bring the classic aluminum po...
Apple's iPad reclaimed a larger share of the global tablet market last month, in part because of a more-serious-than-expected slump in sales of the hot Kindle Fire in the first quarter, IDC analysts said today.
Accessory vendor Logitech on Thursday announced the company’s latest entry in the iPad-keyboard market, the $130 Solar Keyboard Folio for second- and third-generation iPads.
Apple is facing accusations that its adverts for the new iPad's 4G capabilities in the UK are misleading. This follows similar accusations in Australia, where the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) took Apple to the Court for viola...
There was plenty of excitement earlier this year over the news that a fully open tablet was in the works, and late last week some new revelations were made about the device that are sure to step up the anticipation even more.
When Apple's third-generation iPad (Macworld rated 4.5 out of 5 mice) was released in March, the company kept the iPad 2 (Macworld rated 4.5 out of 5 mice) as a more affordable option. It turns out, however, that the iPad 2 sold prior to March 16 and...
When Apple CEO Tim Cook dissed the whole idea of hybrid mobile computers, he may have been showing his hand.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA