Windows will lose its place as the dominant computing platform over the next four years, supplanted by ARM-based devices running Google's Android operating system, according to a report from IDC.
Tablets & eBook readers
The controversy over Apple's iPad 3 not working on Australian LTE networks may be just one signal of problems ahead for international LTE roaming.
The Asus Transformer Prime is getting a new firmware update to make the popular Android tablet even more versatile and laptop-like.
Apple will offer refunds to people who bought its latest iPad following a claim by Australia's competition regulator that it ran misleading advertisements over the device's 4G connectivity, according to reports.
If you are familiar with Evernote, you know that it's an app and Web service that lets you save and organize notes, PDFs, images, and all kinds of other random bits of data.
Apple's latest iPad has been on sale less than a week and - following the usual round of rave reviews from critics - the company looks headed for controversy as complaints and criticisms mount about Apple's newest tablet.
While the increased resolution of the new iPad's screen is impressive, the colour saturation is also responsible for the display's "wow" factor, according to a new analysis.
Reader Steve Stern has a new iPad and a warmer lap. He writes:
The new iPad generates an extra 10 degrees when compared to the iPad 2, according to tests performed by Dutch site Tweakers.
Apple's new iPad arrived Friday and will almost certainly start showing up in the workplace this week.
It's clear that people are willing to pay for new tablets, but it's also clear that they aren't yet ready to take on the fee for cellular connectivity to it, according to an analyst.
Two years ago, Apple side-swiped the computer industry by releasing the first iPad. Though dismissed by some critics at the time as an overgrown iPhone, the iPad has proved to be just as disruptive to the PC industry as the iPhone was to mobile.
To help you filter through all of the iPad-related headlines floating around the tech press today, we've created a compilation that will keep you up-to-date on the latest developments:
Dell is committed to joining the tablet fray once again--this time with Windows 8 tablets aimed at going head-to-head with the Apple iPad.
Apple executives were focusing their attention on the company’s dividend and stock buyback program Monday morning, but they did provide some news about last Friday’s launch of the third-generation iPad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- First business-specific Samsung Galaxy tablet goes on sale
- Intel to rebrand Atom chips along lines of Core processors
- Cortana's UI now expresses 18 different emotions. Siri remains detached and aloof
- App for business users lets you share sensitive documents -- then they disappear
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW