Google has acquired Quickoffice, which makes QuickOffice Pro HD ( Macworld rated 4 out of 5 mice ) one of the leading iPad office suites.
Tablets & eBook readers
A near-record 81 per cent of owners of Apple's newest iPad said that they were "very satisfied" with the tablet in a survey conducted by a market research firm last month.
The biggest threat to the iPad's leadership could come from Apple itself, in the form of the much rumored iPad Mini, which could sport a 7-inch screen rather than the regular iPad's 9.7-inch screen.
Now that Asustek has shown off a 10-in. Windows RT tablet, speculation has grown hot and heavy over what competitors' devices will look like, how much they will cost and when they will go on sale.
Amazon on Monday announced the immediate availability of version 4.1.0 of the software that runs on the $79 Kindle--the non-touch screen version with no keyboard referred to as the Kindle With Special Offers (4th generation).
Conjecture about Microsoft releasing a version of its business productivity suite Office for the iPad has begun to coalesce around a November release date.
Cut-price Agora Android tablets sold by Australian online retailer Kogan have sold out in less than four days, the company has revealed.
German supermarket chain Aldi will next week begin selling an Android tablet running Google's latest Ice Cream Sandwich software for just $249.
Rumours of a version of Office for Apple iPads get more and more specific, with the latest claiming that the software will launch Nov. 10.
Apple CEO Tim Cook this week again slammed rival Microsoft's Windows 8 and its promise to be an operating system for all devices, whether tablets, desktops, laptops or hybrids that combine elements of all.
Boy Genius Reports has revealed photographs of what it claims are Apple’s new 3D mapping app, which will reportedly launch with iOS 6. The app, along with the newly released WWDC app, suggests a new silver colour scheme may be coming to iOS.
A prototype testing model of the first-gen iPad has sold on eBay for a staggering $10,200.
Google's long-awaited Nexus tablet has popped up on benchmarking site Rightware. According to the specs, the tablet, dubbed the Nexus 7, will use a quad-core NVidia Tegra 3 processor, and come with the Android 4.1 ("Jelly Bean") operating system.
Apple’s Smart Cover for iPad makes more than £300 million for the company each quarter, an analyst has said.
Apple today laid out the schedule for its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), and confirmed that it will, as usual, kick off the annual meeting with a keynote address, likely hosted by CEO Tim Cook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
- The world's first Ubuntu tablet opens preorders, converging PCs and mobile devices
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro first look: A worthy successor to the iPad Air 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA