The time is ripe for Microsoft to offer a tablet of its own.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Toshiba has expanded its Android tablet range in Australia by releasing three new devices, including a huge 13.3in model, the AT330.
Apple's iPad may still be considered the king of tablets in many quarters, but new research data casts a shadow of doubt over how long that will continue.
Amazon on Thursday released updates to the Kindle app for iOS, along with the Kindle Cloud Reader Web app. The updates add in support for children's books, comics, and graphic novels.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 appears to be nearing release in the U.S., if it's appearance on Amazon for pre-order is any indication.
Acer's Iconia Tab A700 has its sights set on the new iPad thanks to an impressive set of specs that includes a 1920 by 1200 resolution display and 32GB of storage.
German supermarket chain Aldi has admitted it incorrectly advertised its budget $249 Android tablet as having a dual-core processor.
Apple made a variety of splashy announcements during the Worldwide Developers Conference keynote on Monday, and then quietly rolled out a few hardware updates on the side with no fanfare. Among those releases: A new iPad Smart Case, a well-rounded se...
Touch was the hot trend at last week's Computex trade show in Taipei, with computer makers showing off tablets and ultrabook-tablet hybrids with detachable or folding touchscreens.
ASUS has confirmed its flagship Android tablet for 2012, the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, will launch in Australia early next month. The Android tablet will come bundled with a keyboard dock and will retail for $899.
Aldi's budget $249 Android tablet was incorrectly advertised as coming with a dual-core processor, it has been discovered.
Long before the Toshiba Excite 7.7 got its name, its prospects were cause for excitement. The tablet's beefy Nvidia Tegra 3-powered specs, its slim and lightweight design, its Android 4.02 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, and its high-resolution ...
Microsoft needs to drop the Windows name from its new consumer products, such as Windows RT tablets and smartphones, an industry analyst said.
Barely two weeks ago, Nvidia stirred up the rally cry for inexpensive tablets by dropping mention of its Kai reference platform for inexpensive tablets. The drumbeat is getting louder.
Problems with its own products working plagued ASUS Monday, as it released new devices
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW