On the eve of the expected announcement of a new Google tablet that takes aim at Amazon's Kindle Fire, a leak from within the online retailer revealed that a new version of its slate will be announced by the end of July.
Tablets & eBook readers
Google’s rumoured upcoming release of a low-cost Nexus tablet has sparked rampant speculation.
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the latest version to show up on smartphones and tablets
As Google ramps up for its big I/O conference in San Francisco this week, analysts say the company must continue to prove the value of its Android operating system to developers.
Google will have its chance to show up Apple and Microsoft in the coming days when the search giant is expected to debut the next version of the Android mobile operating system and new Nexus-branded devices. Google's big show will happen during Googl...
A $US199 Nexus 7 tablet from Google would raise the stakes for Amazon's Kindle Fire and Barnes & Noble's Nook tablet, which sell at a similar price and screen size.
Google is gearing up for its annual developers conference this week and analysts say it's time for the company to deliver an ecosystem that can compete head-to-head with Apple.
With Google's developers conference just days away, more details about a tablet with the search giant's brand expected to be announced at the event have begun to leak out.
There's something about a blank wall that can make a room feel empty. Usually, adding a little art to the space is enough to fill the void, but if you happen to be a little be geeky, you can do one better than that.
Google will launch its own sub-$200 7-in. Nexus tablet this week at its Google I/O conference in San Francisco, according to training documents viewed by Gizmodo Australia.
While nearly a week has passed since Microsoft announced its Surface tablets, details about the slates remain sketchy. What isn't sketchy, though, are the strong opinions of technology watchers about the new devices.
A broad screen, and that keyboard is like something you've never seen
With the right set of apps, your Android tablet can become an indispensable part of your mobile work arsenal. Here are the tools you need
iPad notwithstanding, selling tablets is tough
Following Microsoft's announcement of the new Surface tablet, LG Electronics said it has decided to put its new tablet development on hold in order to focus on smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
- Lenovo's ideapad Miix 310 is a "Surface lite" that's much more affordable
- Lenovo's Tab3 10 for Business brings out the serious side of Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW