ASUS has confirmed its flagship Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Android tablet will finally release in Australia on Wednesday 8 August, after an invite was sent to the media this week for a tech briefing and hands on demo of the device.
Tablets & eBook readers
Sales of the new iPad helped Apple's line during its fiscal third quarter. The company reported Wednesday that revenue for the three-month period ended June 30 grew 22 percent over last year while profits rose 20.5 percent.
Apple will seek billions of dollars in damages from Samsung when a high-profile patent lawsuit between the companies goes in front of a California jury next week.
Even though Windows 8 won't be officially released until October 26, its Metro user interface and Microsoft's decision to remove the Start menu have already received lots of criticism. Some observers have gone so far as to predict that Windows 8 will...
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple’s widely speculated iPad mini will arrive in September, and expects the smaller tablet to overtake the 10in iPad’s sales by the end of the year.
Intel is porting the Android 4.1 operating system, also called Jelly Bean, to work on smartphones and tablets using low-power Atom processors, the company said this week.
Apple and Samsung have agreed to drop some of the patent infringement claims they have filed against each other, they said Monday. The move will help simplify the litigation between the two companies when it goes in front of a California jury next we...
Amazon has big plans for its coming onslaught of tablets to compete with Apple's iPad and Google's Nexus 7.
Google has released its first Nexus 7 commercial, which depicts the 7-inch tablet as a seemingly limitless playground.
Google has been forced to temporarily stop sales of the 16GB Nexus 7 Android tablet in the US and UK, but the tablet is still on sale in Australia.
Westpac has released a new iPad application which it says focuses entirely on the customer experience, but remains uncommitted as to when the app will be available on tablets running Google's popular Android platform.
Samsung Electronics accused Apple of refusing to enter into negotiations to license essential 3G patents included in the iPhone and iPad during the first day of their patent trial on Monday in Federal Court in Sydney.
Google's Nexus 7 has been flying off the shelves, but not everyone is completely satisfied with the user experience. The culprit -- problems have cropped up with the tablet's display, according to some reports.
The third-generation iPad is an enterprise hit, a new survey says. But enterprise adoption of the much-rumored iPad mini is far from certain given its small, eye-straining screen and presumed lack of a Retina display.
Drop and dunk tests of both the new Apple iPad and the Google Nexus 7 show the Google device is more resilient, according to SquareTrade, which offers third-party warranties for electronic devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW