With Microsoft and Google taking turns grabbing the spotlight on the tablet stage, when will it be Amazon's turn to create some sizzle?
Tablets & eBook readers
The 2012 London Olympic Games is finally here. If you’re in Australia, you’re able to stay in touch with every second of the Games -- there’s free-to-air TV, cable TV, online video, radio, websites and public video screens to occupy your time and att...
Apple was denied an injunction against Samsung's Galaxy Nexus and the adjusted Galaxy Tab 10.1N by the higher court of Munich on Thursday, a court spokesman said.
Apple's iPad gobbled up even more of the tablet market last quarter, but the arena is about to get a lot more crowded in the second half of 2012.
Trying to decide between, say, the hot new Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S? How about the Amazon Kindle Fire and Google Nexus 7 tablets?
ASUS has confirmed its flagship Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Android tablet will finally release in Australia on Wednesday 8 August, after an invite was sent to the media this week for a tech briefing and hands on demo of the device.
Sales of the new iPad helped Apple's line during its fiscal third quarter. The company reported Wednesday that revenue for the three-month period ended June 30 grew 22 percent over last year while profits rose 20.5 percent.
Apple will seek billions of dollars in damages from Samsung when a high-profile patent lawsuit between the companies goes in front of a California jury next week.
Even though Windows 8 won't be officially released until October 26, its Metro user interface and Microsoft's decision to remove the Start menu have already received lots of criticism. Some observers have gone so far as to predict that Windows 8 will...
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple’s widely speculated iPad mini will arrive in September, and expects the smaller tablet to overtake the 10in iPad’s sales by the end of the year.
Intel is porting the Android 4.1 operating system, also called Jelly Bean, to work on smartphones and tablets using low-power Atom processors, the company said this week.
Apple and Samsung have agreed to drop some of the patent infringement claims they have filed against each other, they said Monday. The move will help simplify the litigation between the two companies when it goes in front of a California jury next we...
Amazon has big plans for its coming onslaught of tablets to compete with Apple's iPad and Google's Nexus 7.
Google has released its first Nexus 7 commercial, which depicts the 7-inch tablet as a seemingly limitless playground.
Google has been forced to temporarily stop sales of the 16GB Nexus 7 Android tablet in the US and UK, but the tablet is still on sale in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Panasonic debuts two new Toughpad tablets—that run Windows 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC