Microsoft has given the first glimpse of Windows 10 on smartphones, including several ways that phone users can stay in sync with their PCs.
Tablets & eBook readers
Microsoft has extended the Surface family of hardware devices with the largest darned touch tablet you’ve ever seen.
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
After kicking off our original look at Windows 10 with a bevy of business-friendly features, Microsoft drew back the curtain on the operating system's new consumer-focused features at an event on Wednesday, while simultaneously driving home a vision ...
Intel shipped 46 million tablet chips last year, exceeding its own goal of 40 million, but don't expect the company to make such a commitment again.
A trio of former Google employees are trying to make Android more work-friendly with a tablet that looks a lot like Microsoft's Surface Pro.
If you've ever dabbled in pen-based computing, you've probably misplaced your pen. While Toshiba snuck a backup digital stylus into its new Portege, Lenovo's approach on its updated Yoga Tablet 2 is even easier: just whip out a pencil. Or a pen, or e...
Finnish company Jolla is following through on a promise to add more features to its Linux-based Sailfish OS, with plans to offer more personalization and a feature called "Events" that will show messages, calendar events and other information on the ...
Foxtel is arming itself against an impending Netflix launch in Australia by forging a partnership with Seven West Media.
Coles is stocking a 7-inch Android tablet priced at $49. The slate is from Pendo, the same company that shook up the Windows tablet space with the $199 Pendo Pad 8.
The Google commissioned and HTC made Nexus 9 goes on sale today at select Telstra stores in the lead up to Christmas.
Advanced Micro Devices' interest in tablets has waned as the company restructures operations in an effort to turn around its finances.
While other retailers clamor for your cash by throwing their doors open Thanksgiving night, Apple's Black Friday special appeals to your philanthropic side.
Finnish smartphone startup Jolla is hoping to break into the tablet market with its Sailfish OS running on a device with a high-resolution 7.85-inch screen.
Nokia is once again developing mobile devices, and this time the company is using Android. The N1 tablet has a high-resolution 7.9-inch screen and a 5-megapixel front camera.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW