New reports suggest that the widely speculated iPad mini will look like a big iPod touch, with thin side bezels, separate volume buttons and a microphone on the back.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Apple dominated the global tablet market last quarter on the back of record sales, a research firm said today, and reclaimed a massive lead over rivals.
Microsoft's Surface for Windows RT tablet will sell for $US199 when it ships on Octpber 26, according to an unnamed source in Engadget report.
Toshiba has confirmed what Microsoft intimated yesterday: It won't be delivering a Windows RT-based tablet anytime soon.
At least four PC makers plan to launch hardware -- not strictly tablets -- running Windows RT, Microsoft says.
Windows RT, the spin-off of Windows 8, has been completed and will power ARM processor-equipped tablets and PCs from Asus, Dell, Lenovo and Samsung, according to Microsoft.
Ford dealers now have an iPad app they can use to quickly check available inventory and offer product information to help customers in their showrooms.
Acer's CEO tells Microsoft to 'think twice' about building tablets because it's "not something you are good at." Columnist Mike Elgan says the CEO should think twice about his statement, because he is wrong.
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports...
Samsung could face penalties from the U.S. District Court in Northern California after one of its lawyers involved in the patent battle against Apple admitted that she hadn't file the paperwork necessary to practice law in front of the court.
Lenovo is embracing Windows 8 with a made-for-Windows 8 tablet - the ThinkPad Tablet 2 - ready for when the new operating system launches in October and is pitching it for enterprises.
Lenovo has revealed it’s planned Windows 8 Pro tablet--the ThinkPad Tablet 2. It seems to have reasonable specs for running Windows 8, but Lenovo failed to provide the key information that everyone is really interested in: the price.
Influential American magazine Forbes has run an article suggesting that movements in the tablet market could end Apple's dominance of the tablet market. But do the cheaper Nexus 7 and non-existent Surface really pose a threat to Apple?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release is chock full of sweet features. Perhaps the most attention-grabbing addition of all, though, is a scrumptious little thing called Voice Search.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Learning Capability Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CC.NET Developer!QLD
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSystem Engineer - Level 2NSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTTest LeadNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTWeb Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Communications Officer | SharePointQLD
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD