Ford dealers now have an iPad app they can use to quickly check available inventory and offer product information to help customers in their showrooms.
Tablets & eBook readers
Acer's CEO tells Microsoft to 'think twice' about building tablets because it's "not something you are good at." Columnist Mike Elgan says the CEO should think twice about his statement, because he is wrong.
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports...
Samsung could face penalties from the U.S. District Court in Northern California after one of its lawyers involved in the patent battle against Apple admitted that she hadn't file the paperwork necessary to practice law in front of the court.
Lenovo is embracing Windows 8 with a made-for-Windows 8 tablet - the ThinkPad Tablet 2 - ready for when the new operating system launches in October and is pitching it for enterprises.
Lenovo has revealed it’s planned Windows 8 Pro tablet--the ThinkPad Tablet 2. It seems to have reasonable specs for running Windows 8, but Lenovo failed to provide the key information that everyone is really interested in: the price.
Influential American magazine Forbes has run an article suggesting that movements in the tablet market could end Apple's dominance of the tablet market. But do the cheaper Nexus 7 and non-existent Surface really pose a threat to Apple?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release is chock full of sweet features. Perhaps the most attention-grabbing addition of all, though, is a scrumptious little thing called Voice Search.
Few things can make you feel clumsier faster than trying to write or draw with your finger on a tablet screen. You quickly realize that tablets weren't designed to receive finger-based instructions any more precise than scrolling, swiping, or clickin...
Last night Apple aired a new 31-second television “All on iPad” advertisement during the Olympic TV coverage. The ad is similar to the “Do It All” released in June for the third-generation iPad.
One of the world’s largest computer manufacturers, Acer, has attacked Microsoft’s plans to launch its own tablet in October, claiming that the move will be ‘negative for the worldwide ecosystem’ in computing.
ASUS has cited "past experiences" with its Transformer Prime tablet as a reason it will not sell its latest flagship Android tablet -- the Transformer Pad Infinity -- without a keyboard dock in Australia.
The fracas between Apple Google has claimed yet another casualty: When iOS 6 ships this fall, the mobile operating system will for the first time not include a built-in YouTube client.
Samsung's planning a tablet splash at the end of August. It's expected to introduce a refresh of its five-inch Galaxy Note "phoblet " and an update of its 10-inch Note tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
- Lenovo's Tab3 10 for Business brings out the serious side of Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC