Toshiba has confirmed what Microsoft intimated yesterday: It won't be delivering a Windows RT-based tablet anytime soon.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
At least four PC makers plan to launch hardware -- not strictly tablets -- running Windows RT, Microsoft says.
Windows RT, the spin-off of Windows 8, has been completed and will power ARM processor-equipped tablets and PCs from Asus, Dell, Lenovo and Samsung, according to Microsoft.
Ford dealers now have an iPad app they can use to quickly check available inventory and offer product information to help customers in their showrooms.
Acer's CEO tells Microsoft to 'think twice' about building tablets because it's "not something you are good at." Columnist Mike Elgan says the CEO should think twice about his statement, because he is wrong.
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports...
Samsung could face penalties from the U.S. District Court in Northern California after one of its lawyers involved in the patent battle against Apple admitted that she hadn't file the paperwork necessary to practice law in front of the court.
Lenovo is embracing Windows 8 with a made-for-Windows 8 tablet - the ThinkPad Tablet 2 - ready for when the new operating system launches in October and is pitching it for enterprises.
Lenovo has revealed it’s planned Windows 8 Pro tablet--the ThinkPad Tablet 2. It seems to have reasonable specs for running Windows 8, but Lenovo failed to provide the key information that everyone is really interested in: the price.
Influential American magazine Forbes has run an article suggesting that movements in the tablet market could end Apple's dominance of the tablet market. But do the cheaper Nexus 7 and non-existent Surface really pose a threat to Apple?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release is chock full of sweet features. Perhaps the most attention-grabbing addition of all, though, is a scrumptious little thing called Voice Search.
Few things can make you feel clumsier faster than trying to write or draw with your finger on a tablet screen. You quickly realize that tablets weren't designed to receive finger-based instructions any more precise than scrolling, swiping, or clickin...
Last night Apple aired a new 31-second television “All on iPad” advertisement during the Olympic TV coverage. The ad is similar to the “Do It All” released in June for the third-generation iPad.
One of the world’s largest computer manufacturers, Acer, has attacked Microsoft’s plans to launch its own tablet in October, claiming that the move will be ‘negative for the worldwide ecosystem’ in computing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD