Samsung announced an ambitious line of Windows 8 mobile devices using the Ativ name on Wednesday, including an ATIV S smartphone with a 4.8-in. HD display and three tablet PCs.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Samsung Electronics has taken the wraps off new Android and Windows devices at IFA in Berlin, showing off a bigger, faster Note table, a new Galaxy Camera, and smartphones and tablets running Windows 8.
Sony Mobile today announced three new smartphones and a 9.4-in. Android 4.0 tablet at the IFA show in Berlin.
Sony is expanding is Xperia smartphone range with three new models, including one that features a new NFC (near field communication) system. The company also plans to extend the brand name to its tablet computers, it said at the IFA trade show in Ber...
The iPad mini may cost just $190 to manufacturer, but expect Apple to make a large mark-up on that when the device goes on sale in October.
Samsung faces over $1bn in damages and potential bans on the sale of certain smartphone products, but it's not all good news for Apple
Samsung has issued a memo to its staff, regarding the outcome of the Apple v Samsung trial in the US. Suggests that Apple’s success is based on “the outright abuse of patent law, not the pursuit of innovation”,
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has confirmed that it will be launching a new “mainstream” tablet product towards the end of this year or start of 2013.
The Australian National Basketball League has become the first major sporting organisation to offer an online streaming subscription to all its games for an entire season. The new site, NBL.TV is open now for fans to pre-register their interest for t...
Apple's lawyers filed a preliminary injunction that would ban the sale of eight Samsung mobile devices that were recently found to have infringed on the company's patents.
Lenovo is aiming squarely for the bargain bin with its $US300 IdeaPad A2109 tablet, which despite the low price still has a 9-inch display and a speedy quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
Samsung's big patent fight loss to Apple could have far-reaching consequences for smartphone makers, especially those that have adopted many of the gesture-based elements users now expect, says Richard Hoffman.
Amazon may hold off on announcing a 10-inch Kindle Fire at a press event next week, instead focusing on tablets that are smaller than Apple's iPad.
Apple's so-called "iPad Mini" should be unveiled within a month or two if speculation is correct, and the rumor buzz is spinning fast about everything from the screen size to the features.
iPad mini: Apple 'confirms' October launch of new sub–8-inch iPad tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW