Samsung has issued a memo to its staff, regarding the outcome of the Apple v Samsung trial in the US. Suggests that Apple’s success is based on “the outright abuse of patent law, not the pursuit of innovation”,
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has confirmed that it will be launching a new “mainstream” tablet product towards the end of this year or start of 2013.
The Australian National Basketball League has become the first major sporting organisation to offer an online streaming subscription to all its games for an entire season. The new site, NBL.TV is open now for fans to pre-register their interest for t...
Apple's lawyers filed a preliminary injunction that would ban the sale of eight Samsung mobile devices that were recently found to have infringed on the company's patents.
Lenovo is aiming squarely for the bargain bin with its $US300 IdeaPad A2109 tablet, which despite the low price still has a 9-inch display and a speedy quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
Samsung's big patent fight loss to Apple could have far-reaching consequences for smartphone makers, especially those that have adopted many of the gesture-based elements users now expect, says Richard Hoffman.
Amazon may hold off on announcing a 10-inch Kindle Fire at a press event next week, instead focusing on tablets that are smaller than Apple's iPad.
Apple's so-called "iPad Mini" should be unveiled within a month or two if speculation is correct, and the rumor buzz is spinning fast about everything from the screen size to the features.
iPad mini: Apple 'confirms' October launch of new sub–8-inch iPad tablet.
The Apple-Samsung patent infringement verdict is in, and the jurors who handed a major victory to Apple are speaking out.
In one sense, the verdict against Samsung in its patent contest with Apple isn’t that momentous. The damages — a bit north of $1 billion — are less than half of what Apple originally sought.
When the news broke Friday that a jury had awarded Apple $1.05 billion in damages for Samsung's infringement of iPhone and iPad patents, some gloating occurred among some Microsoft executives, but it remains to be seen if that smugness was warranted.
Releasing a new flagship Android device within even a few weeks of the upcoming iPhone 5 is probably not the greatest idea in the world, and that has cut into the amount of blockbuster Android goodness you can expect from this column. Nevertheless, p...
Amazon has issued media invitations to a September 6 event that is widely believed to be a Kindle Fire tablet announcement.
Amazon has scheduled a press conference for September 6, suggesting that new Kindle e-readers and tablets are nearly here.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2ACT
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW