Upcoming smartphones and tablets will charge much more quickly with new micro-USB 3.0 ports, the USB standards-setting organization said on Tuesday.
Tablets & eBook readers
For the media day at Intel's Developer Forum in San Francisco, Intel researchers and scientists put away the transistor tech talk briefly and formed a panel with science fiction authors to discuss in creative detail some of the things that the compan...
Best browsers for Android tablets
Google has upgraded the iOS and Android applications for its Drive cloud-storage service, giving users more capabilities for creating, editing, uploading and organizing files, the company announced on Monday.
With the hearing on post-trial motions being set for 6 December, and the fact that any verdict entered in favour of Apple and against Samsung, will be stayed for 14 days, “we’re talking about the early part of 2013.” Unless Apple gets its hearing mov...
The BBC has announced a new mobile downloads service for its iPlayer app that allows users to download shows onto their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to watch offline.
A video has been posted on YouTube revealing what could be the new earphones Apple will introduce with the iPhone 5.
Apple has updated the App Store in the iOS 6 beta, with the main change being a redesigned search result layout, and appears to be cracking down on copycat apps.
Amazon has made a splash with its introduction of several upgrades to its existing tablet lineup, and threw down the gauntlet to the rest of the tablet world with its brand-new Kindle Fire HDs
Amazon has announced new e-readers and tablets but the biggest surprise to analysts was a $US499 Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE tablet.
Amazon didn’t introduce a 10-inch tablet Thursday, as many tech pundits had predicted, but the company did roll out a potential iPad rival in the form of its $499 Kindle Fire HD.
Amazon on Thursday heated up the tablet competition with the introduction of new Kindle Fire HD tablets, including a model with LTE capabilities and another model with an 8.9-inch screen that can display images at a resolution of 1920 by 1200 pixels.
Leaked images of an alleged unreleased HTC tablet indicates that the design will not infringe on Apple’s iPad. Instead, it looks rather like a miniature iMac.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a dual-core Android tablet running Google's Ice Cream Sandwich software in Australia for $249, but it has warned potential customers that stocks are likely to be limited.
At this year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, companies demonstrated a huge range of new technologies: ultra-high definition TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8, and the first device based on the next generation of W...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
- Lenovo's ideapad Miix 310 is a "Surface lite" that's much more affordable
- Lenovo's Tab3 10 for Business brings out the serious side of Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW