Microsoft's new Surface tablet, slated to ship later this month, will be priced between $US399 and $US499, an analyst said, in the same ballpark as Apple's iconic iPad.
Tablets & eBook readers
As we approach the expected launch of Apple's rumoured iPad mini, new photographs of what is claimed to be a leaked model of the 7-inch tablet have emerged online.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple, according to supply chain sources, has directed component makers to cook up some 10 million iPad Mini tablets in Q4.
Models of Research in Motion's PlayBook tablet have been pulled from online stores of some top retailers in the U.S. and Canada, a move one analyst said could be a sign that the company is readying a successor tablet.
Rumours have been hotting up about Apple's widely speculated iPad mini, which some reports suggest will launch this month. Now, alleged headphone jacks for the smaller tablet have been leaked on the web.
Bad news for cynical tech bloggers, grenade-lobbing Internet trolls, and everyone else who's been attacking Windows 8 for the sheer thrill of sport: I've been using a Windows 8 tablet for over a week now, and the experience has been a revelation.
Microsoft launches Windows 8 later this month after a year of gradually making the new operating system more and more available, hoping for a big hit that will drive sales this holiday season and beyond, and giving the company new hope of grabbing a ...
Designers and others take their best guesses at what Apple might have up its sleeve with smaller iPad tablet
An original cassette tape of a 1983 speech made by late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has been unearthed, revealing that Apple was thinking about iPads and the app store more than 20 years before they were launched.
As we approach the rumoured release date of the iPad mini, new photographs have surfaced showing an anodized aluminium black back plate for the smaller tablet.
Apple’s component suppliers have started mass production of the new tablet, with 10m ready to ship by Christmas, but an analyst thinks that the company is too late to make an imprint on the 7in tablet market.
Apple's rumoured November launch of a smaller, less-expensive iPad will put the company in a tight spot - tighter than usual - if it's not able to build up and maintain adequate supplies through the holiday season, according to analysts.
Research in Motion Wednesday released a BlackBerry PlayBook OS update that adds full device encryption to secure personal data stored on the device to go along with the already-available encryption for corporate data.
At a Clover Trail coming-out party, Intel showed off its mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices. Here's a look at the features of some of the new Clover Trail devices that make them a winning choice for your next travel PC.
Be sure to have these apps to get the most office productivity possible from your iPad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW