A third horse is emerging in the tablet market as pioneer Apple faces competition from Microsoft as the launch of Windows 10 nears.
Tablets & eBook readers
The handwriting experience on Lenovo’s Windows-based tablets has gotten a boost for the better, with the company releasing an application called WRITEit, which can allow a user to perform handwriting input in almost any scenario.
With the upcoming Surface 3, Microsoft is ending experimentation and bringing back hardware and OS consistency across its line of tablets, hoping that consumers and businesses will find a lot to like.
You win some, you lose some. Microsoft this week dropped support for ARM processors from its Surface tablets with the Surface 3, but adoption of the chip architecture in Chromebooks is growing.
Microsoft has announced that its Surface 3 tablet will be available to purchase in stores from 5 May 2015 and on pre-order from today. Its price tag is $699 for the entry level model, and it’s a tablet that’s designed to appeal to those of you who wa...
Samsung’s first B2B tablet, the Galaxy Tab Active, has gone on sale in Australia.
Perhaps a “Surface Pro 4” will debut at the same time or soon after Windows 10 launches. Here’s what we’d like to see in the Surface Pro 4.
If you’re curious to know exactly what’s going on with your Android device, FinalWire’s AIDA64 is a nifty app you’ll want to grab. It delves into the finer details of your system to let you know everything from the specific model of your phone, to ex...
Pop quiz: Which is faster, the Atom Z3735F or the Atom Z3735G? If your eyes are glazing over, you're not alone, because even hard-core geeks get confused by Intel's naming convention for the Atom chip family -- which is why they're rebranding it.
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
Hey, Cortana: You're supposed to be making life simpler--at least, when helping people use Microsoft's Windows Phone and Windows 10.
Sharing secrets is nothing new in the business world, but a young startup is hoping to change how professionals do it.
Every flagship smartphone you buy contains a processor designed by ARM. On Tuesday, ARM described what those flagship phones will look like in 2016 -- and they'll all be powered by its new chip, the Cortex A-72 processor.
Microsoft could be close to pulling the plug on Windows RT with its decision to stop manufacturing the Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet.
Prognostications about Microsoft killing the desktop in Windows 10 are coming true -- but only for the smallest of tablets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA