The 10.5in Tab S will be available from $47 for 2.5GB of data per month over a two year contract. However, contracting the tablet on a $52 per month plan results in a monthly data allowance of 4GB -- that’s almost double for just $5 more.
Tablets & eBook readers
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Sales of tablets bucked a three year growth trend by declining 28 per cent during the first half of 2014. The sales downturn was revealed by research firm Telsyte, which also noted Android tablets outsold Apple's iPad for the first time.
While customers can pre-order the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 now from Microsoft's Store, the latest version of Microsoft's slate device will be available to buy from Australian retail stores from 28 August. The outlets included are JB Hi-Fi and Harvey N...
Apple and Samsung are calling it quits on years of litigation in Australia. The legal strife started almost three years ago when Apple obtained an injunction against the sale of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Toshiba’s Encore 2 gives the veteran PC maker a bigger Windows 8.1-based tablet to take to the Aussie market, with the new model sporting a 10.1in screen as opposed to the 8in screen of the original Encore. But the new model seems to makes some compr...
SBS broke a number of its streaming service records by going all out with its Web and mobile video coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Aldi is selling a 7in Android tablet designed for children for today only.
Teachers will be able to can create, edit, manage and share course materials with their students directly from Apple’s iPad following an update to its iTunes U software.
Asus is working with Australian telcos to re-enter the local smartphone market by next year. The Taiwanese company plans on bringing its ZenFone range to Australian carriers and retailers, while also increasing its range of Intel-powered tablets and ...
LG tried to steal Samsung’s thunder by revealing the specs of its G Pad tablet range mere hours ahead of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S launch in New York. The marketing stunt barely scathed Samsung as its feature-rich Tab S series overshadowed LG’s drastica...
Samsung's Galaxy Tab S tablets lack standout features to wow customers, a sign that innovation is in short supply in a slowing tablet market that is full of look-alikes.
Samsung today unveiled its flagship tablet product in an event at New York’s Madison Square Garden. The Galaxy Tab S will be available in two sizes, 8.4in and 10.5in, and its biggest drawcard is the use of a Super AMOLED screen.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and one of his top lieutenants today outlined the next iterations of the company's critical iOS and the less-important OS X before enthusiastic developers.
The troubled Windows RT operating system got nary a mention at Microsoft's Surface event today, but don't plan for RT's funeral just yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market
- Critical XSS flaws patched in WordPress and popular plug-in
- EU net neutrality legislation under threat from Italian proposals, says rights group
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data
- Google, Rockstar reach deal to settle lawsuit over Nortel patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC