More Nexus devices reportedly are coming this year, including a Motorola phone and a 10in ASUS tablet, according to a couple of unconfirmed reports.
Tablets & eBook readers
Asustek CEO Jerry Shen confirmed today that his company will no longer produce Windows RT tablets.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus plans to launch new tablets in its Transformer and MeMO Pad lines of Android tablets later this year as it aims to build up its brand in the tablet space alongside the Google Nexus 7 series.
Australia's largest Member motorists association, NRMA, is offering a free Android tablet to customers who join, upgrade or renew on its premium roadside assistance package, but the device is outdated and has low-end specifications.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet held up better than the iPad Mini and the original Nexus 7 in durability tests performed by Square Trade.
A new video posted to the web this weekend appears to show a partially assembled iPad 5, with the expected thinner and lighter iPad mini-like design, as well as a translucent Apple logo that could light up.
Sales of tablets, including Apple's iPad, slowed during the second quarter, according to a Monday report by IDC. But the real news may be the rise of "no-name" tablets, which are now the largest segment of the tablet market.
Intel has posted information on its website about new tablets for the education market with 10-inch and 7-inch screens, Atom chips and the Android OS code-named Jellybean.
Nearly 10% fewer tablets of all brands shipped in the second quarter compared to the first, with Apple's iPad line showing the biggest decline, IDC said today.
Foxtel's new streaming IPTV service, Foxtel Play, won't cannibalise its core set top box business because it is targeted at a "very different market", according to the company.
Apple will launch a high-resolution, Retina-equipped iPad Mini this fall or in early 2014. Or it won't.
Vodafone has made deals with partner carriers in the UK, New Zealand and United States to offer Australian customers a roaming plan that allows them to use their phones while travelling as if they were still in Australia.
The new Android 4.3 update promises to be a boon for longtime Nexus 7 users plagued by the crippling slowdown the slate runs into after months of use.
An Android tablet brought back from North Korea by a tourist has provided a glimpse at some of the restrictions placed on IT users in the famously secretive country.
Vodafone has announced that it will sell the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G Android tablet in Australia from August, claiming it will be the "fastest tablet in Australia".
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- UK network BT mulls mobile return to fuel quad-play competition
- EU sees harmonizing telecoms and online content rules key to €315B economic growth plan
- Microsoft fingered as company forced to pay $136M in back taxes in China
- Kraken to help probe missing bitcoins in MtGox liquidation
- UN committee calls on countries to protect right to privacy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW