Google Currents, the free news-reading app for iPhone and iPad, is elegant and useful. But the app from Google suffers from a perplexing failure to integrate more fully with Google’s RSS-reading service.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
The Google Nexus 7 tablet was launched to much anticipation earlier this year. Since the original Nexus phone, Google has held this range of devices up as a showcase of the Android OS potential.
Google's Nexus 7 is one of the best Android tablets on the market. If you're looking to buy a tablet and are considering the Nexus 7, here's six reasons why we think you'll love it.
We put the latest tablets through the benchmarking ringer--as well as through PCWorld's own tests of battery life and recharge--to see how they compare to Apple's third-generation iPad and iPad 2.
The Nexus 7 seems to be taking off among consumers, but the real game-changer is Android 4.1, known as Jelly Bean.
Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 Android tablet hasn't officially been released yet and there's no Australian details to speak of. However, if you're an Aussie desperate to get your hands on Samsung's latest Android tablet, there are a few ways to do so.
Can the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and its S-Pen stylus offer a valid alternative to the Apple iPad? Let's find out.
Announcements and speculation about upcoming Windows 8 tablets are coming in fast. Lenovo recently announced the Windows 8-based ThinkPad Tablet 2, following companies such as Asus, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard and Samsung into the Windows 8 fray.
Apple's legal battle with Samsung currently under way in federal district court in California has yielded a treasure trove of inside scoops about iPhone and iPad prototypes and future devices that may soon be on store shelves.
Google's 7in Nexus 7 is one of the best Android tablets on the market, but does this mean it comes without flaws? Certainly not. If you're in the market for a tablet and you're considering the Nexus 7, here's six things you should be wary of.
Microsoft's new tablets will arrive in two versions. Which is right for you?
I bought the first iPad and it has been my casual-use device ever since. I take it on my backpacking adventures, on business trips, heck, I even take it to bed (much to the dismay of my better half) to read news, beam favorite shows to the Apple TV o...
Paper, created by design studio Fiftythree, may be one of my favorite drawing apps ever to grace the iPad. If I didn’t put so much trust in reality, I would’ve sworn that the company found some way to magically turn its supply of charcoal, watercolor...
We unbox Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet.
With the latest iteration of Office, Microsoft pledges to bring the documents and services you need to run a business to any screen you choose, from a PC to a touch-enabled Windows Surface tablet or Windows 8 Phone.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- CCSenior Information Management SMEQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW