Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
Although our battery tests have shown that, under heavy use, the fourth-generation iPad can last for more than 9 hours on a single charge, sometimes you need even more juice.
Times are tough for Sony. The once-venerated electronics manufacturer is struggling in the tablet, smartphone, and digital music-player markets, so I felt much trepidation when I opened the box of the Xperia Tablet Z, Sony's new 10-inch Android table...
Ten One Design's Magnus Low-Profile Magnetic Stand for iPad holds your tablet in place using magnets, and the nifty design of the stand means that with your iPad (2 or later) in the stand, the thin aluminum base of this low-profile stand is literally...
We've just got our hands on Sony's new water resistant Xperia Tablet Z. It launched in Australia earlier this week and Sony is claiming it's the thinnest 10in tablet on the market. We've only played with it for a few short hours, but here's our first...
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is a low-cost, 7.9in Android tablet with a very competitive price tag. It could prove to be a good alternative to the iPad mini if you're on a budget. Let's take a look!
The HP Slate 7 is a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers. With a $199 price tag in Australia, it's one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. Let's take a look!
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
Computex has just gotten under way in Taipei. It's a show that continues to offer a unique mix of interesting tech displays, epic booths, tacky booths and, of course, lots of female models. Some vendors exploit the last part as much as they can in a ...
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of wacky ideas. Its latest experiment is the Fonepad, a 7in Android tablet that also functions as a regular smartphone. We go hands-on.
This protective case from LifeProof is designed for adventurers, tradespeople, cooks, sports people, and pretty much anyone who likes to use their iPad in situations where it could potentially get damaged.
Here, on one handy page, are all the reviews we've done so far on Windows 8 computers that have touchscreens. It includes tablets as well laptops, hybrids and even desktop PCs.
For all the cool things that Google introduced at this year's I/O keynote, several of the items that the tech press definitely, absolutely, positively thought would be included in the presentation were curiously absent.
If you're looking for an iPad stand, you face a plethora of options and possible features. I tested seven portable iPad stands small enough to fit in your laptop or tablet bag.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen'. We go hands-on to see how it stacks up in what's becoming a very crowded market.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSnr Security Architect - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- FTEDRMS Service ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSenior Network Designer - CiscoVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectVIC