Although our battery tests have shown that, under heavy use, the fourth-generation iPad can last for more than 9 hours on a single charge, sometimes you need even more juice.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
Times are tough for Sony. The once-venerated electronics manufacturer is struggling in the tablet, smartphone, and digital music-player markets, so I felt much trepidation when I opened the box of the Xperia Tablet Z, Sony's new 10-inch Android table...
Ten One Design's Magnus Low-Profile Magnetic Stand for iPad holds your tablet in place using magnets, and the nifty design of the stand means that with your iPad (2 or later) in the stand, the thin aluminum base of this low-profile stand is literally...
We've just got our hands on Sony's new water resistant Xperia Tablet Z. It launched in Australia earlier this week and Sony is claiming it's the thinnest 10in tablet on the market. We've only played with it for a few short hours, but here's our first...
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is a low-cost, 7.9in Android tablet with a very competitive price tag. It could prove to be a good alternative to the iPad mini if you're on a budget. Let's take a look!
The HP Slate 7 is a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers. With a $199 price tag in Australia, it's one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. Let's take a look!
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
Computex has just gotten under way in Taipei. It's a show that continues to offer a unique mix of interesting tech displays, epic booths, tacky booths and, of course, lots of female models. Some vendors exploit the last part as much as they can in a ...
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of wacky ideas. Its latest experiment is the Fonepad, a 7in Android tablet that also functions as a regular smartphone. We go hands-on.
This protective case from LifeProof is designed for adventurers, tradespeople, cooks, sports people, and pretty much anyone who likes to use their iPad in situations where it could potentially get damaged.
Here, on one handy page, are all the reviews we've done so far on Windows 8 computers that have touchscreens. It includes tablets as well laptops, hybrids and even desktop PCs.
For all the cool things that Google introduced at this year's I/O keynote, several of the items that the tech press definitely, absolutely, positively thought would be included in the presentation were curiously absent.
If you're looking for an iPad stand, you face a plethora of options and possible features. I tested seven portable iPad stands small enough to fit in your laptop or tablet bag.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen'. We go hands-on to see how it stacks up in what's becoming a very crowded market.
The iPad's virtual keyboard could be better than it is. Furthermore, some of the issues here extend to both physical and virtual keyboards.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCBI Program DirectorNSW
- CCProject Manger - Minor Works ProjectVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC