The HP Slate 7 is a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers. With a $199 price tag in Australia, it's one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. Let's take a look!
Tablets & eBook readers
As we continued our journey through the main hall at Computex, we took a good look at Acer's R7 tablet-convertible laptop, along with some interesting motherboards from ASRock, and stacks of products from ASUS.
Computex has just gotten under way in Taipei. It's a show that continues to offer a unique mix of interesting tech displays, epic booths, tacky booths and, of course, lots of female models. Some vendors exploit the last part as much as they can in a ...
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of wacky ideas. Its latest experiment is the Fonepad, a 7in Android tablet that also functions as a regular smartphone. We go hands-on.
This protective case from LifeProof is designed for adventurers, tradespeople, cooks, sports people, and pretty much anyone who likes to use their iPad in situations where it could potentially get damaged.
Here, on one handy page, are all the reviews we've done so far on Windows 8 computers that have touchscreens. It includes tablets as well laptops, hybrids and even desktop PCs.
For all the cool things that Google introduced at this year's I/O keynote, several of the items that the tech press definitely, absolutely, positively thought would be included in the presentation were curiously absent.
If you're looking for an iPad stand, you face a plethora of options and possible features. I tested seven portable iPad stands small enough to fit in your laptop or tablet bag.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen'. We go hands-on to see how it stacks up in what's becoming a very crowded market.
The iPad's virtual keyboard could be better than it is. Furthermore, some of the issues here extend to both physical and virtual keyboards.
What the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 lacks in looks, it makes up for in other areas. The Note 8.0 centers its user experience on the S Pen stylus, once a curio, now a staple of the Galaxy Note family.
Kobo has targeted the top end of the e-reading market with the new Aura HD. It's a 6.8-inch e-reader with a front-lit ComfortLight screen, which is also the highest-resolution screen that's ever been used in an e-reader.
Google has begun rolling out an updated Play Store app on Android devices which is expected to be available "over the next few weeks". Here's how to get the app right now.
There’s nothing worse than running out of juice, so get yourself covered for any eventuality by calling on the convenience of a portable charger
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Surface Hub goes on sale in September
- Apple Music to take on streaming competitors, even on Android
- Asus doubles down on tablets with ZenPad series
- Lenovo's new Windows 10 tablet to arrive in August
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW