Long-time Apple watchers know that the end of the year usually brings a bountiful harvest of new and updated products from the company. Indeed, just two short weeks in September have ushered in new iPhones, iOS 7, a new version of iTunes, a modest bu...
Tablets & eBook readers
Earlier in September, an update to the Google Settings app for Android tipped off that a remote device lock and password reset feature was on its way to the Android Device Manager. This week, the service finally went live for most users through the A...
Apple's new iOS 7 software for iPhone, iPad and iPod devices hasn't officially been released yet, though it's expected to arrive sometime in September. If you can't wait until then, it's possible to install a beta version of iOS 7 on your device.
Which to buy? iPad 4 (also known simply as 'iPad with Retina display'), iPad 2, iPad mini? Or hold out for the iPad mini 2 or the iPad 5? Here we help you decide on your next Apple tablet.
Your Apple ID is the login user name you use for Apple's iTunes, App Store, iMessage and FaceTime services, Apple Online Store, Support Forums, Genius Bar appointments, product registration and Developer account. What should you don it you forget it ...
Google officially unveiled its new Nexus 7 tablet last month but when can Aussies get their hands on it? In a few days, if you're willing to purchase from an online retailer.
We've just got our hands on the Huawei MediaPad 10 Link 4G, a tablet Vodafone has called the "fastest" in Australia. It supports the LTE Category 4 mobile data standard, the newest and fastest class of 4G. Let's take a look!
Foxtel Play has just launched in Australia. It's an online streaming video version of Foxtel, giving you access to a grand total of 47 live TV and movie channels and a large library of catch-up TV.
At its Wednesday hardware launch event, Google gave Asus Chairman Jonney Shih just a quick, 15-second shout-out. "We worked very closely with Jonney and his team to deliver the first Nexus 7," said Sundar Pichai, the senior vice president who oversee...
For parents and others handing iOS devices over to kids, it might be wisest to lock down certain features so that children don't stumble across things they shouldn't, or accidentally wreak havoc upon your own device. Here's how.
We bring you advice on how to make sure your kids don't rack up huge iTunes Store bills when they're using your iPad or iPhone.
Microsoft's iPad killer, the Surface RT tablet, looks to be on its last legs, leaving only Android tablets to challenge Apple for the tablet crown. Where did the Surface RT go wrong?
How can I delete Newsstand, Stocks, Game Center and other pre-installed stock Apple apps? And can I permanently delete other apps, so they're completely wiped from my iTunes account?
If you're looking to protect your device, look no further than Otterbox's rugged Defender series case for iPad mini. This case certainly isn't going to win any prizes in the "sexy and sleek" department, but it will protect your mini better than most.
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT