Here are some of the top iPad apps to help you in the workplace.
Tablets & eBook readers
The Dell Streak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab are two of the first tablet devices launched in Australia that are set to compete directly with Apple's iPad. Both of these Android tablets are smaller than the iPad, sitting somewhere between a largish touc...
Research in Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry smartphones, recently unveiled the "enterprise-ready" 7in touchscreen BlackBerry Playbook tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
From the moment Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Tab, it has promoted the smaller 7-inch display as a feature. However, hints that Samsung is working on a 10-inch version of the Android tablet suggest that could just be marketing hype, and that Samsung re...
Costing just $299, Telstra's T-Touch Tab is the first budget-priced tablet released in Australia. While the Apple iPad, Dell Streak and the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab could be described as competitors, their higher price means the T-Touch Tab Touch ...
The coming PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion straddles the line between consumer-centric and business-centric device, symbolic of the dilemma RIM faces serving both markets.
Research in Motion announced a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Monday that will do battle with Apple's iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab early next year when it becomes available in the US.
Research in Motion's tablet, rumored for months, is nearly official, according to the Wall Street Journal's unnamed sources. If the report is accurate, RIM could reveal the so-called BlackPad next week during a developer conference in San Francisco.
Samsung has finally released its Galaxy Tab Android tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
With more than a million units sold in its first month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far.
Dell's Streak may look like a huge smartphone, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
Even since Apple released its "magical and revolutionary" iPad, other vendors have been scrambling to deliver products that go Apple one better.
Cisco gets down to business with its Cius business tablet that will let you perform video conferencing and is optimized for apps such as WebEx Meeting Center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Panasonic debuts two new Toughpad tablets—that run Windows 8
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW