We round up some of the coolest tech at CES 2011.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
At CES 2011 today, Asus announced three new Android tablets and a Windows 7 based slate PC. The tablets, all Android-based, go by the moniker "Eee Pad" while the Windows 7 device is called an "Eee Slate." Each one offers some unique features, from st...
Here are some of the top iPad apps to help you in the workplace.
The Dell Streak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab are two of the first tablet devices launched in Australia that are set to compete directly with Apple's iPad. Both of these Android tablets are smaller than the iPad, sitting somewhere between a largish touc...
Research in Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry smartphones, recently unveiled the "enterprise-ready" 7in touchscreen BlackBerry Playbook tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
From the moment Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Tab, it has promoted the smaller 7-inch display as a feature. However, hints that Samsung is working on a 10-inch version of the Android tablet suggest that could just be marketing hype, and that Samsung re...
Costing just $299, Telstra's T-Touch Tab is the first budget-priced tablet released in Australia. While the Apple iPad, Dell Streak and the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab could be described as competitors, their higher price means the T-Touch Tab Touch ...
The coming PlayBook tablet from Research in Motion straddles the line between consumer-centric and business-centric device, symbolic of the dilemma RIM faces serving both markets.
Research in Motion announced a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet Monday that will do battle with Apple's iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab early next year when it becomes available in the US.
Research in Motion's tablet, rumored for months, is nearly official, according to the Wall Street Journal's unnamed sources. If the report is accurate, RIM could reveal the so-called BlackPad next week during a developer conference in San Francisco.
Samsung has finally released its Galaxy Tab Android tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
With more than a million units sold in its first month, it's pretty clear that Apple's iPad touchscreen tablet has been a success so far.
Dell's Streak may look like a huge smartphone, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
Even since Apple released its "magical and revolutionary" iPad, other vendors have been scrambling to deliver products that go Apple one better.
Cisco gets down to business with its Cius business tablet that will let you perform video conferencing and is optimized for apps such as WebEx Meeting Center.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW