Apple's iPad 2 may be the dominant player in the tablet market, but the coming months will see the release of a plethora of Android tablets equipped with Google's latest 'Honeycomb' operating system.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
Apple's iPad 2 may be flying off the shelves, but the coming months will see a number of challengers aiming for a slice of the tablet pie.
Apple's iPad 2 may be the only dominant player in the tablet market, but it will soon face some strong competition from RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook. We were lucky enough to get some hands-on time with this hotly anticipated device, and we were left ver...
HTC has posted a new promotional video for its upcoming Android tablet, which will either be named the Flyer--its moniker in the video--or the smartphone-like Evo View 4G when it arrives this summer.
The BlackBerry PlayBook is available for pre-order, and will be on the street in a matter of weeks. I am not sure the RIM tablet will see much consumer success, but then consumers have never been RIM's primary market. Consumer tablets aside, the Play...
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 has finally in Australia, and it is predictably flying off the shelves. If you're not interested in Apple's tablet at all, there are some valid alternatives to the iPad 2, headed by the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy ...
Tablets are hot. At the CTIA tradeshow in Orlando, FL, it seems like everyone and their mother is announcing a tablet.
Apple's iPad 2 will launch tomorrow in Australia, with prices starting at $579 for the entry level 16GB Wi-Fi version. While everyone knows how much initial outlay the iPad 2 will require, how much does it cost to connect to the Internet?
If you're planning to purchase the iPad 2 tomorrow when it officially launches in Australia, you're going to want come form of protection for your shiny new tablet. We take you through all the official Apple accessories on offer for the iPad 2.
If multitouch display technology is proliferating, haptic feedback is helping to fuel the trend. Haptics provide tactile feedback to your fingers as you touch a display by vibrating all or part of the display surface.
We got our hands on the two hottest products in the tablet computing market -- the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2 and put them to the test. This was a 15-round heavyweight fight and in the end, the Xoom stood toe to toe with the reigning champ, iPad 2.
Odds are, if you ask anyone waiting in line for an iPad 2, they'll list plenty of reasons why they're lusting after Apple's latest camera(s)-equipped tablet.
Let's cut to the chase -- the iPad 2 that Apple just released pulls further ahead in the battle with the only real competitor on the market: the Android OS 3.0 "Honeycomb" Xoom tablet from Motorola Mobility. In our previous comparison of the first-ge...
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 tablet has finally been released in the US, meaning the first reviews have been published. So, what do the experts think of Apple's 'faster, thinner and lighter' tablet?
At this week's Samsung Forum 2011 in Singapore, we got the chance to get some hands-on time with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the successor to the original Galaxy Tab Android tablet. The new Tab 10.1 runs version 3.0 of Google's Android operating sys...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW