These days, picking an iPad can be tricky, but Jason Snell has used them all and has great advice on which model is right for you.
Tablets & eBook readers
Google's new tablet isn't a Nexus, and it's ready for serious work. But will that keyboard suffice?
Many features are missing from Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2. This year’s model has a smaller screen, a lesser resolution and packs fewer pixels into each inch. It can’t be used as a remote control as it has no IR blaster, and night photos are likely to s...
Emerging amidst rumours Sony will be pulling out of the smartphone space is the Xperia Z4 Tablet. The powerful, thin and light slate is the best assertion yet the company is not exiting anything anytime soon.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
Born from Google and HTC is the Nexus 9, a tablet that borrows strengths from both sides of its family. A high resolution screen flanked by loud speakers is inherited from HTC’s genealogy, while its sweet operating system and its design come from Goo...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Apple’s iPad Mini 3 scored an upgrade last week with the addition of Touch ID. Head into an Optus, Vodafone or Telstra store and you’ll spot the new tablet on sale. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest ...
Not enough noise is being made over the changes to Apple’s second generation iPad Air. The gold-standard in tablets has undergone an extreme internal makeover, and yet too few are batting an eye.
Apple’s second generation iPad Air and third-gen iPad Mini have gone on sale at Vodafone, Telstra and Optus. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest telcos to find out which offers the best value for mone...
Next generation smartphones, tablets and smartwatches from the world’s biggest brands near as the IFA 2014 tradeshow kicks off next week. Invitations, taunts and leaks from people in the know has helped the online community shape what products will b...
The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
Savage competition has seen the gap separating Apple’s iPad from a slew of Android tablets close. This comparison takes the two most competitive tablets, Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro 12.2 and Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet, and measures how they stand next to A...
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
To get the most out of your Windows 8 tablet or laptop-tablet hybrid device, you really have to venture into Windows 8’s Modern UI (formerly called Metro) and make use of the native apps that are on offer from the Windows Store. If you don’t use your...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 5 reasons why the 9.7-inch iPad Pro can't be a PC replacement
- Lenovo's ideapad Miix 310 is a "Surface lite" that's much more affordable
- Lenovo's Tab3 10 for Business brings out the serious side of Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC