Android finally has a true iPad Pro competitor, but is there a market for it?
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
Huawei released the Matebook, the latest 12-inch hybrid tablet aimed at changing the way you perform daily computing tasks. However, this device is bigger on looks than it is on brains.
A group of business users and iPad Pro power users look back on their time with Apple's tablet and share favorite features, as well as the shortcomings that drive them mad.
These days, picking an iPad can be tricky, but Jason Snell has used them all and has great advice on which model is right for you.
Google's new tablet isn't a Nexus, and it's ready for serious work. But will that keyboard suffice?
Many features are missing from Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2. This year’s model has a smaller screen, a lesser resolution and packs fewer pixels into each inch. It can’t be used as a remote control as it has no IR blaster, and night photos are likely to s...
Emerging amidst rumours Sony will be pulling out of the smartphone space is the Xperia Z4 Tablet. The powerful, thin and light slate is the best assertion yet the company is not exiting anything anytime soon.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
Born from Google and HTC is the Nexus 9, a tablet that borrows strengths from both sides of its family. A high resolution screen flanked by loud speakers is inherited from HTC’s genealogy, while its sweet operating system and its design come from Goo...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Apple’s iPad Mini 3 scored an upgrade last week with the addition of Touch ID. Head into an Optus, Vodafone or Telstra store and you’ll spot the new tablet on sale. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest ...
Not enough noise is being made over the changes to Apple’s second generation iPad Air. The gold-standard in tablets has undergone an extreme internal makeover, and yet too few are batting an eye.
Apple’s second generation iPad Air and third-gen iPad Mini have gone on sale at Vodafone, Telstra and Optus. Good Gear Guide has crunched the numbers on the plans from Australia’s three largest telcos to find out which offers the best value for mone...
Next generation smartphones, tablets and smartwatches from the world’s biggest brands near as the IFA 2014 tradeshow kicks off next week. Invitations, taunts and leaks from people in the know has helped the online community shape what products will b...
The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- CCSoftware Applications PackagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity Policy AnalystsVIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA